• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 USF2000 National Championship schedule

Code:
    2011 USF2000 Schedule*

Race 1      March 17    Sebring Int'l Raceway       w/ALMS
    Race 2      March 18    Sebring, Fla.               (12 Hours of Sebring)
                                                            3.7-mile road course

Race 3      March 26    Streets of St. Petersburg   w/IndyCar
    Race 4      March 27    St Petersburg, Fla.         (St. Petersburg Grand 
    Prix)
                                                            1.8-mile street 
    course

Race 5      May 28      O'Reilly Raceway Park       w/USAC Midgets 
                            Indianapolis, Ind.          (Night Before the 500)
                                                            0.686-mile oval

Race 6      June 18 The Milwaukee Mile          w/IndyCar
                            Milwaukee, Wis.             1-mile oval

Race 7      July 30 Autobahn Country Club       w/Star Mazda
    Race 8      July 31 Joliet, Ill.                    (Harrah's Grand Prix)
                                                            3.56-mile road 
    course

Race 9      Aug. 5      Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course  w/IndyCar/ALMS
    Race 10 Aug. 6      Lexington, Ohio             2.258-mile road course

Race 11 Aug. 19 Road America                    w/ALMS
    Race 12 Aug. 20 Elkhart Lake, Wis.          (Time Warner Showcase)          
                                                        4.048-mile road course

Race 13 Sept. 4 Streets of Baltimore            w/IndyCar/ALMS
    Race 14 Sept. 4 Baltimore, Md.              (Baltimore Grand Prix)
                                                            2-mile street course

* Subject to change
    Looks like a cool schedule, and great to end the season during an IndyCar weekend. Too bad Iowa is gone, those cars looked to fast on that track. I guess this will also be the Star Mazda schedule?
    MotorRacingblog.nl | Kwaliteitsblog

thanks for the post

can't wait for the "night before the 500" at IRP again next year
    http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Should've included Iowa and Loudon -- or at least one of the two -- to filter more oval driving experience further down the ladder.

Comment

I think a lot of the owners and drivers were worried about the speeds the cars were running at Iowa. If I remember correctly they were turning 150-160 mph laps which is pretty f'ing fast in a tube frame formula car.

I like the schedule - great if you're based in Chicago like I am.

Comment

Good shcedule, anyone know what happendd with the USF1600 series which is supposed to start next year?

Comment

Originally posted by TUBORG-fan View Post
            Good shcedule, anyone know what happendd with the USF1600 series which is supposed to start next year?
            the F1600 series will run alongside the other F2000 series. It will start this coming season. More details can be found here:
            www.f1600series.com

Comment

I think the USF2000 schedule looks excellent and very exciting.I don't see the new F1600 series as anything special and will fall by the wayside in my opinion.The USF2000 is fantastic and I see it really taking off next year.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRacer View Post
                I think the USF2000 schedule looks excellent and very exciting.I don't see the new F1600 series as anything special and will fall by the wayside in my opinion.The USF2000 is fantastic and I see it really taking off next year.
                Already a few FFs on the way for 1600> http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_info.php?n=8050 , I don't understand how it can't be anything special. It is a non-spec FF series, how cool is that!? Formula F at its finest..

The USF2000 schedule does look pretty nice too. Should be a good 2011 for the lower ranks !

Comment

Originally posted by drdisque View Post
                  I think a lot of the owners and drivers were worried about the speeds the cars were running at Iowa. If I remember correctly they were turning 150-160 mph laps which is pretty f'ing fast in a tube frame formula car.

I like the schedule - great if you're based in Chicago like I am.
                  Yeah, those Iowa speeds come with consequences. Loudon would be good, but I think the promoter wants to run modifieds that weekend, so Indy Lights is probably all you can squeeze in there. At least I'm assuming they'll run Lights at Loudon.

Milwaukee is going to be pretty cool. They've been talking about running drifting that weekend, too. I wish they would scrap that idea and get USAC up there instead---Midgets, or Silver Crown. Make it a festival of AOWR. It would be a good way to really paint the USAC/Road to Indy picture. I can't believe that drifting would really be more popular with fans... but, I'm a gray beard, what do I know.

Autobahn Country Club... whatever. Star Mazda ain't quite what it used to be.
                  My guardian angel, she wears a hard hat.

Comment

USF2000's are fine on Autobahn but not the Star Mazdas.The track surface is relatively beat for as new as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRacer View Post
                      USF2000's are fine on Autobahn but not the Star Mazdas.The track surface is relatively beat for as new as it is.
                      They test and race almost everyday at Autobahn, that's why it is beat up so much, especially going into turn 3, or turn 1 of the South Course (same turn).

Comment

Looking at the USF2000 series, it looks promising compared to a couple of years ago, I know it's the seires 2nd year of running since it was relaunched. I hope the series will be stronger in the future, and have double as many races. 14 races per seson isn't very much, especially when you compare it with the european feeder classes of same calibre. They often do 25 races per season, 12-14 race weekends with double headers.

Comment

remember that they're doing a 5-race winter series as well.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words about the 2011 schedule. Putting together a schedule is one of the hardest things we have to do, because a support series has to accept what opportunities are open to them, choose what to take and what to pass up on (based on geography, types of venues, cost to get on dates, etc. and yes, venues usuaually want support series to contribute to the cause of making their weekend profitable), so it's never easy. We tried very hard to get on Louden, no room as they seem to want to do the Modifieds for their fans. Iowa also didn't have room for us this year. As to more races, we do have to try to keep budgets under control for our teams and drivers, and I think we did okay with travel costs this next year. Bottom line, I think we have a good mix of street, oval and road course venues, some terrific places to race in front of huge crowds, and something that works well for the kids, so they can go back to school after labor day.
                            Originally posted by MM658 View Post
                            Should've included Iowa and Loudon -- or at least one of the two -- to filter more oval driving experience further down the ladder.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Mr. Anderson! Glad to hear that Loudon and Iowa were at least attempted. Not your fault if they turn you away. I hope that more ovals can be included in future years, and look forward to tracking the progress of your series' drivers up through the ranks.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X