X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homestead entry list

List is out, 17 cars:

http://www.indycar.com:8080/var/assets/HMS_FIL_2010.pdf

It's an interesting list. Sean Guthrie makes his first start in a year in the Andersen car. Luyendyk is back for Alliance, which means all of the hand wringing and 1000 post threads about Shane Hmiel were officially for nothing. Dillon Battistini is Herta's lone driver this week, meaning Stefan Wilson's season has come to an end. USAC driver Henry Clarke will make his series debut in a second Davey Hamilton car. Daniel Herrington is in the Genoa car that David Martinez drove a couple of times earlier. And Wade Cunningham comes back to Schmidt's #77 for the first time since his Indy win. The other entries are all standards: Hinchcliffe, Vernay, Yacaman, Mann, Barbosa, Campos, Kimball, Plowman, Wagner, D. Clarke and Major.

Nice to see Herrington back

Comment

Seems like some of these guys are making a carreer in Indy Lights Wasn't Arie already there for the inaugural IPS season? Good to see Cunningham still hanging around, at least he keeps his name out there as long as he isn't getting an IndyCar ride.

Shane Hmiel still recovering from that back injury?
      MotorRacingblog.nl | Kwaliteitsblog

Comment

Clarke made a huge improvement this year in USAC. I wish him the best.

Comment

Shane is still working on healing his back and hopes to be cleared to test and prepare for next season.
          Originally posted by Miguel View Post
          Seems like some of these guys are making a carreer in Indy Lights Wasn't Arie already there for the inaugural IPS season? Good to see Cunningham still hanging around, at least he keeps his name out there as long as he isn't getting an IndyCar ride.

Shane Hmiel still recovering from that back injury?

Comment

I'm completely confused about Hmiel's injury - how can he be hurt but continue to race in the Silver Crown series? He raced on September 25th (and previously).

Comment

The IndyCar doctors don't want him to drive. He can drive and he's not hurt, only injured and I suppose an accident might have worse consequences when he crashes with that injury.

CSW24, good to hear, I'm looking forward to having him in the Indy Lights.

Comment

He's not hurt, only injured? I'm even more confused.

Comment

Hurt as in pain, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by vintage View Post
                    I'm completely confused about Hmiel's injury - how can he be hurt but continue to race in the Silver Crown series? He raced on September 25th (and previously).
                    Hmiel raced three races that night at Eldora in a sprint car, midget, and Silver Crown car. He even had a nasty flip coming out of turn four during the midget feature while running 2nd or 3rd. So, I don't know what's going on with his Indy Lights deal. He did miss a couple weekends over the last month in USAC though, Aug. 28-29 and Sept. 11-12 due to his injury. So, his flip this past weekend probably didn't help him all that much.
                    If I were Ed Carpenter and you were a lady...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X