IPS - top drivers to watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPS - top drivers to watch

Here's my guesstimates - and I'm nothing but a fan on the "intardnet" (to quote Zoomie).

First things first. Drivers to watch-
    1. Raphael Matos - he'll win a bunch and he's a top flight driver soon to be competing for wins in the IRL.

2. JR Hildebrand - Kid is young, smart, and talented. Look at his career and what he's done in a very short time. Without ever having seen him, I propose he's gonna be a good one.

3. Richard Antinucci - He wins in every series he's been in. Figured out the IPS after a few rough starts and got finishes of 1-2-1 to end the season. Impressive (especially for a nephew).

4. Logan Gomez - He may tend to be an engineer's best friend because he protects his equipment, but he's had decent results thus far, with several top 6's and a win, all at the age of 20. Go for it this year Logan.

5. Bobby Wilson - I like this guy. That's all. I like how he drives. I think he's competitive and tries to win. I'm a Bobby fan.

6. Jake Slotten - OK USAC guys here's your chance. National Midget Rookie of the year at the age of 16. See what you got.

7. Nathan Freke - Kind of a wildcard. He performed well in Brittish Formula Ford, winning a championship and a second place before that. Then what happened in 2007 Nathan? test driver for like 5 series? I'll give you 5 races to get used to things before I want to see results.

8. Bia - She looks like a talented racer and has Kanaan's approval. Bring it Bia.

9. Cyndie Allemann - Swiss Miss ! (fun to say that). Don't know anything about her but she's driving for a team with a good team name (American Spirit) and they've won a race before so who knows? Maybe she'll have some good results. But why isn't Robbie Pecorari her teammate? That's not cool.

10. James Davison - Talented and young, formula BMW grad with a win at Indy (race I attended). My hunch is this kid has a future in Indycars.

Got to reserve my final driver spot for the lovely environmental leader Leilani Munter. Hope you get a ride Leilani !

Now, on to the other fun stuff -

Best looking car - Ken Losch of Apex Racing driving that silver car with the neon yellow trip. Very cool looking car.

Best looking driver - Leilani, of course.

How'd you get here award - Juan Manuel Polar. Who are you and how did you get here?

Winner of the first race at Homestead - Richard Antinucci. Why not? He's a Sam Schmidt driver and should have the car and the experience to get his first oval victory.

What happened to.... Kenn Hardley Racing? Don't even know if he's a guy or a sponsor but he was here last year. Where did he go?

Drivers who should be driving instead of some of the guys I didn't mention:

Wade Cunningham
    Robbie Pecorari
    Stephen Simpson
    Ryan Justice

Great post; have to agree with you on everything but the Homestead winner!

I'd also move Bia up a notch or two. She is very, very talented.

Hardley got out of the IPS; sold his assets to Alliance lock, stock, and barrel

Comment

[QUOTE=millrace]... What happened to.... Kenn Hardley Racing? Don't even know if he's a guy or a sponsor but he was here last year. Where did he go? ... /QUOTE]

Kenn Hardley - team owner
      Sold his IPS Dallara and other related assets to Alliance Motorsports.
      "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
      - RUSH, Freewill, Permanent Waves (1980)

Comment

Originally posted by millrace

How'd you get here award - Juan Manuel Polar. Who are you and how did you get here?
        · Finished second is Spanish F3 Copa de Espaٌa for Novo Team
        · Won six races and four pole positions in 16 races
        · Also competed for Spanish Formula 3 races

· Finished second is Spanish F3 Copa de Espaٌa for ECA Racing
        · Won four races and a pole positions in 16 races
        · Also competed for Spanish Formula 3 races
        No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Here is my breakdown, feedback is much appreicated!

Championship contenders (SSM has won 3 of last 4 titles):

Raphael Matos
          James Davison
          Richard Antinucci

Race winner top 3 week in/out contenders:

Juan Manuel Polar
          Logan Gomez
          Nathan Freke
          Bobby Wilson
          JR Hildebrand

Possible top 5 week in/out contenders:

Mike Potekhen
          Brent Sherman
          Ana Beatriz
          Sean Guthrie
          Andrew Prendeville
          Pablo Donoso
          Cyndie Allemann
          Chris Festa
          No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

You're totally forgetting Al Unser III, and PDR. They put out a PR today and it said they are going to be at Homestead testing this week and racing next week. My top 5 goes like this:

1. Richard Antinuchi
            2. Al Unser III
            3. Logan Gomez
            4. Raphael Matos
            5. Bobby Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by indynative16th
              You're totally forgetting Al Unser III, and PDR. They put out a PR today and it said they are going to be at Homestead testing this week and racing next week. My top 5 goes like this:

1. Richard Antinuchi
              2. Al Unser III
              3. Logan Gomez
              4. Raphael Matos
              5. Bobby Wilson
              I did'nt see the PR yet
              edit- just got it

Comment

This is what I got from their fan club.

__________________________________________________ _____________

AL UNSER III AND PLAYA DEL RACING READY TO HIT THE TRACK IN 2008

INDIANAPOLIS – After a long off-season Playa Del Racing is ready to get back on track with Al Unser III behind the wheel of the Ethos forEarth car No.21.

Playa Del Racing will make its 2008 debut at the Homestead-Miami Speedway on Friday during testing with several other teams. Al Unser III will return to the driver’s seat for the first time since the 2007 Nashville race.

“It’s been a long and cold off-season, but we’re ready to go racing,” says Susan Schafer, co-owner of PDR. “We have had our share of off-season issues, but we’re extremely excited about getting back on the track this week at the test in Homestead.”

PDR’s team will feature a new face this season with the hiring of veteran engineer Doug Forker. Forker will bring over a decade of experience in motorsports engineering in hopes of elevating PDR to the team’s first victory in 2008. Team veteran Rick Duman will return for the second straight year as crew chief.

“I’ve been doing this for a long time, and I feel like this is a great place to call home,” says Duman. “There are a lot of great teams in this league, but I feel this program is one of the best growing programs out there.”

The Homestead test will be the first time that Unser III and Forker have worked together, but they expect a smooth transition.

“I can’t even begin to explain how excited I am to get back on the track,” says Unser III, who finished in the top ten in all but one race he entered in 2007. “I’ve been working out all winter, so I’m physically and mentally ready to go racing. We’re going to have some new guys working on the car this year, but I think we’ll be strong out of the truck at Homestead.”

The No.21 PDR machine will take on a unique look this season as the team debuts the new green Ethos forEarth livery that is sure to turn heads at the race track.

“The PDR car, which was given special recognition at this year’s SEMA show, is going to be an eye catcher this season,” says Gary Sallee, co-owner of PDR. “We’ve been working hard to secure sponsorship that will allow us to further develop our team. We enter this season hopeful that this will be our best season in the league. We have worked hard during the off-season to hire the best personnel possible, and we hope to see positive results from those efforts on the track at Homestead.”

In 2007, PDR entered the Indianapolis 500 with Phil Giebler driving the Ethos Fuel Reformulator car No.31, and Jaques Lazier driving the Indiana Ice/Venture Logistics car No.21. Giebler won the Chase Rookie of the Year award and Lazier won the Hard Charger award for passing the most cars during the race. Giebler also shared driving duties in PDR’s Indy Pro Series car in 2007 when the team finished tied for 10th in the season-ending entrant’s points race.

For more information on PDR, Ethos forEarth and all the PDR drivers please visit www.playadelracing.com, or email Ryan Smith at [email protected]

Comment

Matos, Antinucci and Wilson are the 3 guys to look out for this year, with Hildebrand as a dark horse

Comment

I think Festa is going to right up there also
                    JMO
                    Growing Old is Required/Growing Up is Optional
                    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Comment

Not bashing the rest of the guys, but I think the season will be everyone chasing after Matos, on the RCs of course but ovals I think are still up for the taking. Matos IMO is the best driver in the field by far...don't take that as a bash on the other drivers, cause there is great talent in there, but he's the best.
                      How is it that a Hoosier and a Boilermaker mix together to make a Jaguar??? :rolleyes:

Comment

I agree that Matos is just going to walk away from this field. Antinucci is solid, and Hildebrand has a lot of potential. I really like Bobby Wilson, but his career seems to be starting to stall out a bit. After those four though, it looks like a big gap back to the rest.

Comment

I think Antinucci will take the championship.
                          Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

Comment

al 3

I Think PDR was smart to throw geibler in for the RCs last year, Dont think AL 3 has ever turned an IPS car to the right but Im told he did pretty well in the mazdas a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by millrace
                              Here's my guesstimates - and I'm nothing but a fan on the "intardnet" (to quote Zoomie).

First things first. Drivers to watch-
                              1. Raphael Matos - he'll win a bunch and he's a top flight driver soon to be competing for wins in the IRL.

2. JR Hildebrand - Kid is young, smart, and talented. Look at his career and what he's done in a very short time. Without ever having seen him, I propose he's gonna be a good one.

3. Richard Antinucci - He wins in every series he's been in. Figured out the IPS after a few rough starts and got finishes of 1-2-1 to end the season. Impressive (especially for a nephew).

4. Logan Gomez - He may tend to be an engineer's best friend because he protects his equipment, but he's had decent results thus far, with several top 6's and a win, all at the age of 20. Go for it this year Logan.

5. Bobby Wilson - I like this guy. That's all. I like how he drives. I think he's competitive and tries to win. I'm a Bobby fan.

6. Jake Slotten - OK USAC guys here's your chance. National Midget Rookie of the year at the age of 16. See what you got.

7. Nathan Freke - Kind of a wildcard. He performed well in Brittish Formula Ford, winning a championship and a second place before that. Then what happened in 2007 Nathan? test driver for like 5 series? I'll give you 5 races to get used to things before I want to see results.

8. Bia - She looks like a talented racer and has Kanaan's approval. Bring it Bia.

9. Cyndie Allemann - Swiss Miss ! (fun to say that). Don't know anything about her but she's driving for a team with a good team name (American Spirit) and they've won a race before so who knows? Maybe she'll have some good results. But why isn't Robbie Pecorari her teammate? That's not cool.

10. James Davison - Talented and young, formula BMW grad with a win at Indy (race I attended). My hunch is this kid has a future in Indycars.

Got to reserve my final driver spot for the lovely environmental leader Leilani Munter. Hope you get a ride Leilani !

Now, on to the other fun stuff -

Best looking car - Ken Losch of Apex Racing driving that silver car with the neon yellow trip. Very cool looking car.

Best looking driver - Leilani, of course.

Winner of the first race at Homestead - Richard Antinucci. Why not? He's a Sam Schmidt driver and should have the car and the experience to get his first oval victory.

What happened to.... Kenn Hardley Racing? Don't even know if he's a guy or a sponsor but he was here last year. Where did he go?

Drivers who should be driving instead of some of the guys I didn't mention:

Wade Cunningham
                              Robbie Pecorari
                              Stephen Simpson
                              Ryan Justice
                              I don't see Pablo Donoso on the list.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X