Car count for Homestead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car count for Homestead?

I wonder how many cars will start at Homestead.

22 maximum, but no where near the quality of last year (especially at St.Pete the next weekend)

Comment

Originally posted by checkman
      22 maximum, but no where near the quality of last year (especially at St.Pete the next weekend)
      They'll send cars home if more than 22 try to qualify? It seems that there's plenty of room for at least 26 or 27 cars at a place like Homestead. Doesn't seem like very good encouragement to teams to field an IPS car when the field is limited to F1 numbers.
      Also, why do you say the quality is down? I was hoping '08 was going to be a great year for the IPS- I really enjoy watching their races on the tube.
      "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
      "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
      "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

I don't think he's saying they're capping the field at 22, I think he's saying there are only 22 who will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vic Mackey
          I don't think he's saying they're capping the field at 22, I think he's saying there are only 22 who will show up.
          Ah, that sounds more like it! Didn't make any sense the way I took it...thanks for the clarification.
          "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
          "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
          "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

24 so far with a possible 26

Comment

Originally posted by DDA93
              In IPS?

Comment

I don't really see the series as being down on talent. I think it's a pretty solid line-up this year up front. Matos is the Atlantic Champion; Wilson, Prendeville, Hildebrand are all former F2000 champs and could win; Antinucci can already win, as a deep pedigree and the power of SSM; and the rookie crop is strong in Davison (Star Mazda runner-up) and Freke (UK Formula Ford champ).

I'm really looking forward to the new year.

Homestead is going to be an awesome weekend.

Rob Howden
                www.eformulacarnews.com
                Last edited by Rob Howden; 03-22-2008, 09:58 AM.
                Respectfully,

Rob Howden
                IndyCar Radio Network
                www.roadtoindyinsider.com
                Road to Indy Presented by Cooper Tires Announcer
                Twitter: @robhowden / @RTI_Insider
                Instagram: @robhowdenracing

Comment

Yes in IPS

Comment

I think there are like 32 chassis in existence, not many more than that...so at the most, there's your cap.
                    JB

I'm going to Indyland!

Comment

What was the most they had last year for a single race outside of the Freedom? Seemed like it was a lot higher than 22.

4 months ago who would've though the ICS would have more entries than both the IPS...er...FIL and Atlantics.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarrett
                        I think there are like 32 chassis in existence, not many more than that...so at the most, there's your cap.

SSM, has a backup
                        AFS, has 2 backup
                        Playa Del, has a backup
                        Anderson, Has a backup
                        Brian Stewart, has a backup
                        SWE, has a car they were repairing last year
                        APEX, has 2 cars that have withdrawn for Homestead currently
                        Team E, if they have not taken delivery on a 2nd car they will soon
                        Moore, also has a backup
                        Speedworks, has 2 cars
                        That is all I can think of currently which would be 37 chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by DDA93
                          SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                          " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Depends on APEX dog.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarrett
                              i think that number is closer to 28, but i really have nothing of value to base it on other than a fuzzy memory of reading it .... somewhere.
                              "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
                              - RUSH, Freewill, Permanent Waves (1980)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X