Where will Wade race this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will Wade race this year?

Is Cunningham bound for ICS or IPS or both or neither in 2008?

I spoke with Wade at the Homestead test, and according to him nothing is in the works right now for a Pro team. He is wanting to go big car racing where he belongs.

SSM made a huge, huge mistake by not putting him in the #7 car. Wade would be the one to beat in most any car with his proven exprerience. SSM and AGR both "talked" to him but did not take him. AGR I suppose is in good shape with Matos though. SSM, will regret it as will ANY team that had/has the opportunity and does not take it.

Comment

I am going to respectivly disagree about Wade. I think he is way to inconsistant to be in an Indy Car. Why SSM gave Jon Brownson a seat and not Wade is interesting. If Wade thinks that an Indy Car team is going to give him a ride, he is mistaken. He needs to keep his options open.

Comment

Originally posted by owfan19
        I am going to respectivly disagree about Wade. I think he is way to inconsistant to be in an Indy Car. Why SSM gave Jon Brownson a seat and not Wade is interesting. If Wade thinks that an Indy Car team is going to give him a ride, he is mistaken. He needs to keep his options open.
        Brownson is very wealthy and brings his money to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by GranatelliFan2
          Brownson is very wealthy and brings his money to the table.
          That is obvious. Isnt he like 45 or 50?

Comment

Originally posted by owfan19
            Starts: 40
            Wins: 5
            Top 5: 29
            Top 10: 32
            Poles: 7
            Laps Led: 566
            Running At Finish: 34
            Earnings: $424,550

Yeah I can really see how he's been inconsistent and why no owner would would want him as their driver.
            "Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

Personally I don't see Cunningham as much more than a journeyman at the next level. I'm pretty cold on guys who win titles in the lower levels by consistency as opposed to winning a bunch of races. He finished 2nd in F2000 without a single win, then won the IPS title without a win until his last race. I know he won a couple of races the next year, but then he regressed back to one win last season. Drivers who win gobs of races but only finish 3rd or 4th in points tend to be better prospects because they've shown they have the pure speed. The consistency can be developed as they mature. Guys who win titles without winning races are usually getting by on guile and craftiness, which is good stuff for sure, but if they don't have that raw speed at a lower level they won't have it at a higher one. It's like the old cliche, it's easier to slow a driver down than it is to speed him up.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X