Asleep At The Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asleep At The Wheel

It appears that SSM will not be the team to beat after all this year. A former SSM engineer gave them fits last year with Mutoh, now with Matos.

My money is on Matos now, look for SSM to be top ten on a good day.

top 10 on a good day? The beat Mutoh easily last year. I agree Matos will likely win and is in the best car but top 10 on a good day! Antinucci may not be as good as Lloyd but he will win races.

Plus i think the field is not looking as strong a last year at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyStar
      top 10 on a good day? The beat Mutoh easily last year. I agree Matos will likely win and is in the best car but top 10 on a good day! Antinucci may not be as good as Lloyd but he will win races.

Plus i think the field is not looking as strong a last year at the moment.
      I really think Matos is going to have a season similar to what Lloyd did last year. And I agree that the field is a bit underwhelming at the moment. Hopefully, some Atlantic teams and/or drivers come over before the Freedom 100.
      "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

If Matos doesn't dominate this season then something has gone horribly worng. He's going to run away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by indyace
          A former SSM engineer gave them fits last year with Mutoh, now with Matos.
          My money is on Matos now, look for SSM to be top ten on a good day.
          Blair is a good engineer, Matos may win some races, but Sam's cars won't be running outside the top 10....
          " I can tolerate people forming opinions based on ignorance... that happens every day, but don't pass off your ignorance as facts."

Comment

Okay, so SSM outside the top ten is probably not going to happen, but the test was less than impressive. I am sure they will pull it all together, though it seams that they would have been a little closer to the top of the speed chart.

Comment

Just remember, it was a test. We don't know what teams were running what set-ups at what time of the day.

Comment

SSM always tries to go fast as do all teams for that matter. The slow cars always say that they are practicing in race trim with full fuel but trust me that is not the case. Everyone wants to flex their muscle.

Comment

SSMS will be there when the bell rings.......................
                  SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                  " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

I heard along with Mutoh's engineer from last year they have his spotter
                    too. Any of the crew go to AGR. Word is Maetos looked good and comfy
                    in traffic.

Comment

Antinucci will be real good on the road courses, but Matos just seems to be such a natural on every course he touches while I think the learning curve will be steeper for Antinucci on the ovals. I think we'll instead see Bobby Wilson, Logan Gomez, and Sean Guthrie challenging Matos there (Guthrie's team appears to have finally gotten its act together). Mike Potekhen will also always be there to pick up top 5's should any of the top teams falter. Brent Sherman has a great team but has a very steep learning curve in this equipment and on road courses. He may be competitive in the second half of the season, but I only see him mid-pack before then. Prendeville has a chance to notch some nice finishes as he's one of the only promising drivers returning for a second year with the same team.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X