Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legge's F-1 test: Crash on lap 2

From Atlas PPV:

British driver Katherine Legge was impressed with the performance of Minardi's Formula One car after making her debut at the wheel of a Grand Prix machine on Tuesday.

The 25-year old, the first woman to try out a Formula One car since American Sarah Fisher drove a handful of demonstration laps with McLaren at Indianapolis in 2002, took to the Vallelunga track in the afternoon and completed a few installation laps.

Legge's day, however, was cut short after she lost control of her car on her second full lap and made contact with the wall.

The Briton is looking forward to a better day tomorrow.

"It's unlike anything I've ever driven before," Legge told autosport.com. "I'm fine. It was just a mistake on my part. I'm understanding the traction control and how it works all the time.

"I'm just understanding how an F1 car works. I'm fine and it will be a good day tomorrow."

The test was a pre-existing arrangement between Stoddart and ChampCar boss and Cosworth co-owner Kevin Kalkhoven before the sale to Red Bull was agreed.

Hey did you hear Danica got married?

jono

Comment

Not sure what this has to do with Biz/ Split, as it appears to be an Atlantics/ F1 topic.
      Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

From a purely statistical point does this mean that Sarah is a better driver than Katherine?

Sarah ran 3 laps in a McLaren under the watchful eye of the US media and returned the car in good shape. Katherine ran 2 laps in a Minardi with no one watching or caring and crashed.

Outlaw

Comment

And Sarah got the car up to like, 80 miles an hour, too. What's the point?

Comment

New car, second lap.
            I'd be giving the driver the benefit of the doubt.

That being said...it is the world's top line series. The driver should have been able to keep it off the fence.

I wish this driver well in the future.
            ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by dreamracer
              Not sure what this has to do with Biz/ Split, as it appears to be an Atlantics/ F1 topic.
              Legge has reportedly had some interest from other series', including Chip Ganassi for his IRL team but KK signed her to a personal services deal, much like RHR. We'll see how wise this strategy was.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamracer
                And Sarah got the car up to like, 80 miles an hour, too. What's the point?
                How fast was Katherine going??

Don't know???

Comment

Well, had he not, I'd not be surprised if she weren't gone already to A1GP, or GP2 or some other euro F1 feeder series.

It appears to have been a fairly smart play for him. We'll see if it was the same for Katherine. I hope she does well.

Comment

A Minardi driver trashes their car?

I bet this is the first time it has ever happened

This is a stupid, stupid, factless, thread. - Indycool

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw
                      How fast was Katherine going??

Don't know???
                      Zero MPH after contact with the wall.

Comment

Which just goes to show that she can't possibly be any worse in that car than anyone else they have put in it and wrecked it or blown it up over the past several years....

Comment

Sorry guys... I was there when Sarah ran...... She was hustle'in... and the eyes of the world were on her!
                          That was Pressure!
                          ZOOOM
                          "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
                          James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by tbyars
                            Which just goes to show that she can't possibly be any worse in that car than anyone else they have put in it and wrecked it or blown it up over the past several years....
                            I dunno. It doesn't get much worse than a 100% crash rate, does it?

Who can be surprised when someone who steps out of an Atlantic car gets overwhelmed in their first F1 test? It's a huge jump.

Let's wish her well and see what happens tomorrow. If she trashes another car we can say "Ooops," but if she goes fast we'de better get ready to put another crow on the barbie.
                            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin
                              I dunno. It doesn't get much worse than a 100% crash rate, does it?

Who can be surprised when someone who steps out of an Atlantic car gets overwhelmed in their first F1 test? It's a huge jump.

Let's wish her well and see what happens tomorrow. If she trashes another car we can say "Ooops," but if she goes fast we'de better get ready to put another crow on the barbie.
                              The only thing I see as different between Legge and Patrick, and I do think that Danica is good, but not yet a sufficiently expereinced driver, is that Legge has won some professional level races.
                              Last edited by rocketdoc; 11-22-2005, 10:14 PM.
                              Claude

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X