Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 changes qualifying procedure, tire rules

http://www.brickyard.com/news/story.php?story_id=5648

That shootout thing kind of sounds familar lol Thank goodness they are going back to Normal tire changes.
    "Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

Originally posted by Refutation
      That shootout thing kind of sounds familar
      Stupid is as stupid does...

But it does add an extra burden on the teams that are already struggling.

Comment

I don't like it. It just doesn't make sense to me. I like the IRL's mixed 1-lap/Shoot-out format for R/S better. I guess I'll have to see it in person before making up my mind, but dropping cars after each 15 minutes doesn't seem like it'll make qualifying any more interesting. But, I don't understand the fuel rules. Do they measure fuel levels before quals and that's what you start the race with? Or is like now, when they don't let you fuel between quals and the race, which would be more interesting, IMHO.

The tire and wing changes for 2008 will have more of an effect on the race (although I was starting to like the single set rules) than qualifying. I also heard that the tires (at least the slicks) will be larger. I'm assuming that means wider. I'd be interested to see what effect the new wings and wheels would have at IMS, with it's long straightaways, but I'll probably never see it.
        It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

anything is better than what they have been doing.
          It's a brand new day.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X