See you all in Indy in 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See you all in Indy in 2006

I'll be in Indy for the F1 next year, courtesy of Pat (PDC), many thanks Pat.

Booked today on AA. Can't wait to come over again.

Hope to see as many as possible from the picks competition.

There will be a slight delay in the results for the USA GP, as I'm staying till after the July 4 celebrations also.

CAN'T WAIT.

Mick..

I'll be there. But you probably won't see me since I didn't participate.

Comment

Mick,

Good news! Glad to hear you be able to make it. You said compliments of PDC; is he buying your air fair? I think we will have a good turnout from the Picks gang. The usuals like Ferris, Lee Roy, Joe in LA will probably be here along with 2005 Picks champ Swede. Abdulalk has also made a commitment to return.

Nice to hear you have no hard feelings about the Independece Day celebrations.

I am planning to have a "night before the race" festivity at my house for the Picks players in attendance. More details on that will be forthcoming. When do you plan to arrive?

Terry

Comment

Thanks Terry,

I arrive on 28th June in the evening and depart on 5th July, in the afternoon.

I have paid for the flight already. When I said courtesy of Pat, I meant the offer of the lodgings, which is very generous. The flight was more than I expected but really, I don't care right now. I'm just looking forward to coming over and seeing you all again.

Looking forward to the party at your place on the Saturday also now.

As I said, I can't wait.

Mick..

Comment

Mick, is it near July yet? I cant wait to finally meet ya next year.

Thanks again for a fun year of picks competition, I'm a midpacker, but someone has to hold up the big hitters.

Rich
          The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by mrooke
            I'll be in Indy for the F1 next year, courtesy of Pat (PDC), many thanks Pat.

Booked today on AA. Can't wait to come over again.

Hope to see as many as possible from the picks competition.

There will be a slight delay in the results for the USA GP, as I'm staying till after the July 4 celebrations also.

CAN'T WAIT.

Mick..

...I don't usually participate in the Picks but I'll try and meet up with you anyway!

I suppose the 4th of July celebrations here would be interesting from your standpoint, huh?!
            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Hi indyracefan

I have a very open mind, having travelled to many different countries.

What I have learned, is wherever you go, is to respect the culture and customs, of the country you're staying in.

I have chosen to be in America, for your celebrations on the 4th July, the 230th anniversary of your independence from Britain, (can we have a cake with 230 candles on it Pat, please?). I obviously could have booked for the Sunday or Monday but I wanted to be their, for that big day of yours.

I have no hard feelings of it at all, afterall, why should I? 230 years is a long time to hold any grudges and it certainly doesn't bother me.

It would be nice to meet up with you also indyracefan, especially after our discussion, following this years USA F1 farce. It would be nice to have a beer with you.

Regards,

Mick

Comment

Hi Mick. I have a self-imposed ban on the forum on weekends, just now saw this post, although I did get your e-mail.

In this current struggle against Islamic terror, Britain has shown once again she is our best friend, along with the Aussies. So I am sure July 4 will be just as much fun for you as it is us. Funny thing though, you probably are more aware of what that day means than many Americans.

Also, you shouldn't have to worry about bringing a jacket that time of year.
                It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

Originally posted by PDC
                  Hi Mick. I have a self-imposed ban on the forum on weekends, just now saw this post, although I did get your e-mail.

In this current struggle against Islamic terror, Britain has shown once again she is our best friend, along with the Aussies. So I am sure July 4 will be just as much fun for you as it is us. Funny thing though, you probably are more aware of what that day means than many Americans.

Also, you shouldn't have to worry about bringing a jacket that time of year.
                  Mick,

Maybe PDC will give you a ride in his new F1 machine
                  Ferris

Comment

I have chosen to be in America, for your celebrations on the 4th July, the 230th anniversary of your independence from Britain, (can we have a cake with 230 candles on it Pat, please?). I obviously could have booked for the Sunday or Monday but I wanted to be their, for that big day of yours.
                    Hi Mick,
                    I do believe Long's Bakery makes cakes. We'll have to see if we can make the arrangements for you. Maybe someone would be so kind to introduce you to Long's Donuts while you are here.

When I'm not with family for the F1 activities at the track I'm usually hanging with the AtlasF1 gang (what few show up anyway). Maybe I'll do the Trackforum party instead next year.

I'm sure you'll have a great time here. Someday I'll make a trip to Britain but I don't think I can talk the gf into working Silverstone into the itenerary.
                    For the record, I never had a problem with CART in 1995. Its when they turned beligerant twards IMS and their fans for supporting the IRL that turned me off them.

Comment

I have no hard feelings of it at all, afterall, why should I? 230 years is a long time to hold any grudges and it certainly doesn't bother me.
                      Mick
                      Mick, we were just kidding you about the Independence Day thing as I'm sure you suspected. Many Americans just call it the 4th of July and have little historical awareness of the meaning behind the holiday. It is a day to eat food with family and friends along with the drone of persistent fireworks in the background. Lots of flag waving and some patriotic ferver. I think you will enjoy it. Perhaps your fellow countryman Jensen Button could enhance your trip with a win here on the 2nd.

Are you sure you want to stay with PDC? Lee Roy usually stays there too. How many Stellas can you get on the plane with you?

Terry

Comment

Hi indyracefan

I have a very open mind, having travelled to many different countries.

What I have learned, is wherever you go, is to respect the culture and customs, of the country you're staying in.

It would be nice to meet up with you also indyracefan, especially after our discussion, following this years USA F1 farce. It would be nice to have a beer with you.

Regards,

Mick

...sorry, I didn't mean to imply that there was or should be any grudge's nor did I mean to sound as if it were offensive to you or any one else. I had thought perhaps from your perspective it might be interesting or intriqing, especially if you've never been in America during that holiday. 'TC' pretty much nailed the rest.

I suppose it's kinda along the same lines of what General George Patton said in kindly speaking about the relationship shared between Britian and America, in that they were both great nations separated by a common language!

Without a doubt I'll look forward to next July and the USGP, I'll also look forward to sharing a brew with you so we both can put faces to the names.
                        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

No hard feelings felt at all indyracefan.

I look forward to a beer (or more) sometime over the weekend.

I'll be the one waving a very distinctive, Stars and Stripes / Union Jack friendship flag.

The last time I was in Indy (and first), was just after 9/11 and I had my large Union Jack. I couldn't believe how many came up to me and asked me where I got it from. When I replied England, they were gob smacked that I'd come all that way, just for F1. The furthest I have been is Japan. Australia has eluded me to date.

See you next year buddy.

Regards,

Mick..

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X