• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    He got screwed.

It's rare to get unscrewed.

Come back and give everyone a severe beat down as if to say

I told ya so.
    I agree with you here... I would love to see him do this.

Round and round they go, no one knows who will win... that's one of the biggest thrills of the sport. <><

Comment

I can't stand him brad.

But his best revenge is to crush and demoralize the field.

Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Sybil D. Sobydianz View Post

What would that rejection accomplish?
        My thoughts on the topic are in that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by RHR Fan Always View Post
          Hamilton isn't the first driver to get screwed by the stewards of a professional racing series, and won't be the last.

I can think of several from CART, IRL, NASCAR, F1, NHRA and IMSA that all got screwed by horrible decisions by the stewards.

Lewis is a big boy, he'll probably get over it. And if he doesn't, then that's his right, but I expect him to come back with a vengeance in 2022 and I look forward to more "hammer time" even though I can't stand him.
          I think there was a chance he would walk away but it would have happened by now. He'll be back to try for number 8 and make it look like Max just got lucky. Which will be fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
            I can't stand him brad.

But his best revenge is to crush and demoralize the field.
            I'll say I can stand him... I believe he is truly one of the best and got into the right car at the right time... It could have been Nico winning everything instead for example.

But I do believe he is a great driver. I think he can crush as long as Merc put out a great car which I believe they will again... If they dont, I believe he will give who ever does a hard time.

I do prefer other drivers though... and root for them over Lewis every race.
            Round and round they go, no one knows who will win... that's one of the biggest thrills of the sport. <><

Comment

Hamilton is a master at getting around problems and making the car work for him. You can't argue with taking the best car and winning a lot, but part of me wishes we'd seen more time with him in rides that needed more work to podium. Lewis in a Ferrari or Red Bull the last few years would have been fascinating.

Comment

The last time the format changed, Merc got it right. They may not this time. Should be an interesting year.

Comment

I really hope this formula change does not lead to only one or two teams getting it right. We had the Brawn anomaly, which quickly led to Red Bull dominance, and the Mercedes dominance, which finally waned, from the last two rule changes. Would be nice if this time it improved the competition--but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by bsanderson View Post
                    The last time the format changed, Merc got it right. They may not this time. Should be an interesting year.
                    I think the difference was that the last time the change affected the powerplants. This time the powerplants are frozen and its the aero work that is more important. This will definitely help teams with a strong aerodynamicist like Red Bull.

Comment

My fondest wish is Ferrari gets it right and we finally see Charles Leclerc string some wins together. He was blinding fast in F2 and I'd love to see what he can do in a good car.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe in LA View Post
                        I really hope this formula change does not lead to only one or two teams getting it right.Would be nice if this time it improved the competition--but I doubt it.
                        Hoping numerous teams "get it right" is like a dog or cat chasing it's own tail, unless.....

This is F1, the pinnacle of auto racing. When that numerous teams "get it right", and all/a few designs are "competitive", we will be seeing the end of F1. Expecting ten different (or fraction thereof) teams to design and buld equal cars will be when the regs. are so strict that no one will be "allowed" to excel . Is that what "we" really want (spec/kit cars....sound familiar? Indeed it does.)? If so, IndyCar already exists, no need to destroy F1.

Whilst many wish for the "demise" of F1 because they desire "better" (closer) racing, there are still those of us that want it to remain the showcase for the very best in the auto racing biz to exhibit their capabilities, no matter the cost to the "show".
                        'Already maimed sports car "racing" with the most obvious "scripting" of that show......BoPing. How is "balancing of performance", changing the rules per car, during the season "sporting"? It's penalizing team(s) for getting it "right" in the name of entertainment, not sport.

I'm finished.....again.
                        "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Good Lord this is tiring.
                          ...---...

Comment

I think sir Lewis is waiting to see if the Mercedes is any good before he makes his decision. If it appears to be junk, then he quits.
                            "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by jimclark View Post
                              Hoping numerous teams "get it right" is like a dog or cat chasing it's own tail, unless.....

This is F1, the pinnacle of auto racing. When that numerous teams "get it right", and all/a few designs are "competitive", we will be seeing the end of F1. Expecting ten different (or fraction thereof) teams to design and buld equal cars will be when the regs. are so strict that no one will be "allowed" to excel . Is that what "we" really want (spec/kit cars....sound familiar? Indeed it does.)? If so, IndyCar already exists, no need to destroy F1.

Whilst many wish for the "demise" of F1 because they desire "better" (closer) racing, there are still those of us that want it to remain the showcase for the very best in the auto racing biz to exhibit their capabilities, no matter the cost to the "show".
                              'Already maimed sports car "racing" with the most obvious "scripting" of that show......BoPing. How is "balancing of performance", changing the rules per car, during the season "sporting"? It's penalizing team(s) for getting it "right" in the name of entertainment, not sport.

I'm finished.....again.
                              Unlike the past the new rules package will close up the field with standardized parts, smaller areas of development, cost caps, and most importantly of all restrictions on wind tunnel development and CFD time. The top teams will have more restrictions on wind tunnel and CFD while the teams on the bottom of the grid will get more wind tunnel time and CFD. They are basically taking a page from touring car racing without the penalty of weight restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by jimclark View Post

I'm finished.....again.
                                Hmm, I have not idea how you took that from my post. There have been seasons with multiple competitive teams in the past---rule stability tends to lend a hand in that. I hardly wish for the end of F1, and am not suggesting any balancing of performance. There is a pretty clear pattern that rules stability tends to result in more competitive racing, which we saw last year. I don't think it is unrealistic to have @4 teams with potentially winning cars, but changing the rules just reshuffles the deck and tends to result in, for a while, a dominant team. Competitive racing among multiple teams in F1 with no nascar-style interventions is possible. It existed throughout the last 60s to the early 80s, and didn't really fall apart until 1988. Even then we saw a return to 2 or 3 competitive teams until the rules change resulted in a brief advantage for Brawn and a more enduring one for Red Bull. And that faded to a very competitive season in 2012 with Ferrari fully competitive with Red Bull, and Lotus, McLaren in the hunt. We were edging towards greater competition this past year with McLaren, Ferrari getting closer and even Alpine and Alpha Tauri having their days. I wish F1 realized the rule redesigns generally don't do what they say they want them to do--make racing better.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X