Qatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qatar

The cars look great on the track at night.

They seem to "look" slow to me. Revs don't sound as high as they usually do.
    Maybe it's too early in the a.m. for me.
    ...---...

That was a beat down by Lewis. No suspense at all like there was last week.
    The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Great to see Alonso on the podium again. He seemed to enjoy that track.

Comment

Alonso on the podium and Max getting fast lap were the highlights for me.
        ...---...

Comment

Pretty boring race overall. Not every race will be an exciting barnburner, and that's okay.

Congrats to Lewis, he kicked ass all weekend. I didn't agree on the Verstappen qualifying penalty, felt like a make up call from the botched no penalty at Brazil

Congrats to Alonso getting a much deserved podium. That VSC bailed him out, I firmly believe Checo would have gotten him otherwise

Not sure what happened to Pierre. Started P2 and just faded into the midpack rather quickly.

I hope Pirelli can figure out why so many flats.

those my useless thoughts that nobody asked for
          RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

Originally posted by RHR Fan Always View Post

I hope Pirelli can figure out why so many flats.
            Nothing to figure out. Pirelli knew the tires were good for 30 or so laps and teams went beyond that.

The Ayn Rand of Indycar

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post

Nothing to figure out. Pirelli knew the tires were good for 30 or so laps and teams went beyond that.
              Looks like Pirelli is investigating....but it may be a rather quick one.

https://racer.com/2021/11/22/pirelli...atar-failures/
              RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

Hitting curbs all race rarely ends well.
                The Ayn Rand of Indycar

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post
                  Hitting curbs all race rarely ends well.
                  They don't hit curbs at other circuits...?

'Mostly right handers (10 R vs 6 L)....it was the left fronts, not the right (more curbs to hit). So, I'd be willing to bet the low grip circuit.....“The level of wear was quite high,".....combined with that poor LF not handling the loading well....."we know the front left was the most stressed position".....as long as they were asked to (shades of Indy, 2005....just slower).
                  The final blow, that one curb, after all that weakening, the proverbial "straw"....."most of the punctures were after impacts on the curb, so we need to understand if the loss of pressure was sudden or which kind of issue it was."

I'm surprised they don't know if it was sudden or not, they can see the tire pressures realtime.....
                  "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X