X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 hydraulic jack pit box tools VS IndyCar pneumatic jack pit box hose

Formula 1 front manual hydraulic jack board pit box lifter

Formula 1 rear manual hydraulic jack stick pit box lifter

IndyCar Series/Champ Car state-of-the-art pneumatic jack hose pit box lifter

Formula 1 hydraulic jack pit box lifter tools are admittedly outdated and IndyCar Series pneumatic jack pit box hose lifter is a state-of the art tool.

Your opinions?

"Outdated" manual vs. "state of the art" pneumatic?

Have you considered the additional weight the components add to the Indy cars that is not added to the F1 chassis?

Guar-own-teed that if there was an advantage, they would be in use in F1 also.........

(Two second F1 tire changes vs. IndyCar's what again.....??? Outdated my arse. )
    "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Exactly what purpose does this thread serve?
      “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by jimclark View Post
        "Outdated" manual vs. "state of the art" pneumatic?

Have you considered the additional weight the components add to the Indy cars that is not added to the F1 chassis?

Guar-own-teed that if there was an advantage, they would be in use in F1 also.........

(Two second F1 tire changes vs. IndyCar's what again.....??? Outdated my arse. )
        F1 = 15 crew working on the car - IC = 5, so they save weight on the car by having more crew on the car...
        But you are right that they have much faster stops, and are lighter cars.

I will say that I find it interesting how fast both can do it through different means and have found what works best for them.

Props to the crew sitting there with the cars moving as they do and getting the job done!

Round and round they go, no one knows who will win... that's one of the biggest thrills of the sport. <><

Comment

Sorry Therius....rather pointless post. Different series, different pit stops, different solutions. Both are well suited for their purposes.
          BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

vs NASCAR jackman! Talk amongst yourselves.

NASCAR-jackman-in-2018.jpg
            It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Originally posted by midtown View Post
              vs NASCAR jackman! Talk amongst yourselves.

NASCAR-jackman-in-2018.jpg
              Really the same thing...different series, different pit stops, different solution.....

From a technical viewpoint, given the weight minimums for NASCAR, they certainly have the 'room' to add air jacks.

OTOH, given the series slow changes, it's gonna be tough on the jackman next year when the tire changers only have one lug to remove/replace....gotta pick up the pace...
              BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post
                Exactly what purpose does this thread serve?
                Edumacation for Therius.
                "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Vs Monster Trucks!

It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Seeing as how airjacks first appeared on Indycars about 1959, I’m not sure “State of the Art” is an accurate description.
                    They still work just fine.
                    Last edited by jandj; 09-04-2021, 10:54 AM.
                    “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
                    I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
                    I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Each approach has its merits, and I really don't see any reason one series should adopt the others. The indycar system is great if you don't care about the extra weight of the system on the car, and it is maybe a bit safer not to have a guy with a jack in front of the car. I enjoy seeing the incredible coordination of the large crews in F1. NASCAR's system is a good opportunity for retired college linebackers.

Comment

Seeing as how air cylinders have been on Indy cars since the 60's, I don't think that "state-of the art tool" really applies.

One other point:

As far as I know, the folks that do the service work during the pit stops are full fledged crew members in F1 and IndyCar, whereas as many of the over the wall people in NASCAR do pit stops and nothing else. Sort of apples and oranges...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe in LA View Post
                          Each approach has its merits, and I really don't see any reason one series should adopt the others. The indycar system is great if you don't care about the extra weight of the system on the car, and it is maybe a bit safer not to have a guy with a jack in front of the car. I enjoy seeing the incredible coordination of the large crews in F1. NASCAR's system is a good opportunity for retired college linebackers.
                          LOL Joe..."retired college linebackers"...Yes, and F1 pitstop is like a ballet until something goes wrong and then they can look like the Keystone Cops...
                          Ferris

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X