Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverstone 2021

Thoughts on spring qualifying?

My thoughts - more competitive racing is a good thing. I hated to see what happened to Checo, though, but after thinking about what happened to him the very same thing could have happened in traditional qualifying. I do fear it could cost a championship contender dearly in the event of a sprint race wreck.

I wonder if George is going to take a grid penalty?

Alonso's first lap was entertaining.

It was just a shorter book, same plot. What’s the point? But if you’re at the track, maybe it’s a plus.

To me it’s a gimmick that serves no real purpose.

Comment

I agree, it's a gimmick. They're not gaining anything by disrespecting their own heritage. So the race is now 100 km longer, with "Stage 1" completed the day before the rest of the race. That's dumb! I don't like it. F1 doesn't need to try NASCAR things.

The qualifying session on Friday was awesome, but F1 threw it away by not awarding Hamilton the pole and everyone else the stats for their earned starting positions. Parc ferme for all but the first hour of practice accomplishes what?

In my opinion, the weekend wasn't broken before. It is now.

Comment

3 place penalty for George Russell

Comment

I enjoyed it. I think the huge crowd on hand enjoyed it too. What's not to like about having an occasional mini F1 race on a Saturday?

Are far as not gaining anything? It looks like the teams may have learned something about tire degradation for Sunday.

Comment

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Yesterday was wasted. A great lap by Hamilton completely negated.

Comment

Once. It was fun once.

Comment

What is so traditional about knock out qualifying? I remember all the hand wringing on this board when that was implemented.
                It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

I was sceptical but being at Silverstone in the stand (front row😬) it was fabulous! It helped that Lewis was outstanding on Friday and with Norris & Russell doing amazingly well the atmosphere was something to remember. Not quite so good on the Saturday but Max’s comments spoke volumes, HE enjoyed it, driving the car in race conditions is something they don’t normally get until race day. The way I see it is we still have qualifying as it was but a day early and then we get another sprint race to enjoy. Certainly made more of a weekend of it at the track. I’m biased of course and easily swayed by the great weather, British drivers and enjoying a long weekend without wearing a mask at anytime🏎

Comment

Glad Max is ok.

Comment

Why the "sir" isn't penalised already? Russell was penalised yesterday for much lesser incident.
                      Nastalgia & headache.

Comment

F Hamilton, that was a dirty and unecessary. 100% on Hamilton. Max left him room and Lewis was no where near the apex of the corner. If he's not penalized that is pure politics bc Lewis is beloved at Silverstone.
                        RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane

Comment

A racing incident but if Hamilton takes a penalty I'd be fine with it

Comment

Max left Lewis room. All the lobbying by Horner and Wolf is a bit silly though.

Comment

Originally posted by PastorOfMuppets View Post
                              A racing incident but if Hamilton takes a penalty I'd be fine with it
                              Hell it wasn't. Hams took out Max on purpose and now Mercedes tries to convince FIA that the "sir" was in his right to attempt to wreck his championship rival. What a dishonor.
                              Nastalgia & headache.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X