Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 season-opening Australian GP set for postponement

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...paign=widget-1

The season was due to begin with the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne on 21 March, marking the first running of the race since 2019 after it was cancelled just hours before Friday practice was due to begin last year.

But with Australia still enforcing strict travel restrictions, and amid global fears over the emergence of a new strain of COVID-19, doubts have been growing about the viability of the race.

Motorsport.com understands that the Australian Grand Prix now looks set to be postponed until later in the 2021 season, forcing a possible reshuffle of the races later in the year.

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.
    COVID19/2020 refuse to let go....
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Not a great start to the season. Still hoping they can make it work, F1 proved they can safely travel and run races despite Covid.

Comment

2021 23 race calendar was always a wish list not based in reality. I would expect a calendar closer to what we got in 2020 with most of the races based in Europe.

Comment

I'd think they could run COTA by Fall (assuming they need Mexico City and/or Interlagos to work for the flyaway to make sense).
        Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Funny the media was all excited to get rid of the “2020” moniker for “2021” yet it’s the same situation.

media is what we need to exchange for something new.
          No signature required

Comment

Revised F1 2021 - Australia maybe later in the year.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/updat...-calendar.html

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive View Post
              Funny the media was all excited to get rid of the “2020” moniker for “2021” yet it’s the same situation.

media is what we need to exchange for something new.
              Yeah well... it’s what they do.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X