Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

2021 What's your best guess for driver lineups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelican Joe
    500 History Buff!
    • Dec 2011

2021 What's your best guess for driver lineups?

Call it now...who gets the open seats?

I'd love to see Checo and Hulk at Haas. A definite improvement in the driver department, but are they enough to elevate the team?

I think Albon stays at Red Bull one more year, though Gasly is making a strong case for getting his old job back.

Who is in at Alfa? I'm not certain Kimi stays. Do they keep Giovinazzi? It feels like they could maybe use a driver reset in 2021.
    Real drivers don't need fenders!
  • Baulz
    Outsider
    • Aug 2007

I feel like Haas just needs a change, they've gone no where with those same drivers for too long.

The rumors of Kimi and Schumacher at Alfa have been getting stronger.

Comment

• brundle
      Insider
      • Aug 2011

I'm positive that Haas is going to have two new drivers. My guess is Perez and Schwartzman, but maybe a 'last chance' for Giovinazzi. Guenther has hinted that he might be compelled to take a Ferrari junior. With Schumacher likely headed to Alfa, and Guenther saying that Ilott isn't ready, it may have been a hint that they are ready to take Schwartzman or the discarded Giovinazzi.

Pretty sure that Alfa is going to be Kimi and Schumacher. If Kimi decides to retire, I think Giovinazzi stays alongside Schumacher.

I think Albon is going to get sent back to Alpha Tauri and be replaced by Hulk. Kvyat is gone, I think.

Of course, this is all pure speculation and there are a lot of moving parts!
      I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
      Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

• PastorOfMuppets
        I Like Fast Cars
        • May 2018

Rumors are that Mick to Alfa are a done deal. Is Kimi really the mentor type? I don't know.

Certainly 1 if not both of the Haas seats will open up. I think Red Bull will upgrade their 2nd seat with Sergio or Nico, and the loser of that battle gets a seat with Haas. A Ferrari academy grad or Giovinazzi could get the 2nd seat if both open.

All of that likely shut Gasly out unless Renault gives Ocon the boot and puts Pierre in that seat. Kyvat brings money so who know what happens with his seat.

Comment

• VirtualBalboa
          Insider
          • Dec 2009

Gasly winning a GP and then being out of the sport the next year is shockingly on brand for Red Bull. I have to imagine that Alonso might have a short rope at Renault with a French F1 winning driver on the outside looking in and him being out of a F1 seat for a few years.

Comment

• Pelican Joe
            500 History Buff!
            • Dec 2011

It would be a shame if Gasly was on the outside looking in next season. He's taken his lumps, but appears to have found something at AT.

Comment

• Hitokiri
              Sulli from f(x)
              • Jan 2011

I agree that Perez and Hulk at Haas would be an awesome duo but would they want to go there knowing they would have to wait a season running behind everyone else because of the restrictions.

I hope Albon does stay at Red Bull for one more year but having three DNFs (whether its fault or not) in four races doesn't help him. If he can finish the year with a string of 4-6 place finishes in each of the last 6 races then I think his job is saved. If he continues to DNF or finishes at the lower end of the points spectrum then I think he's finished.

I think the big question mark is Ocon. I had a very favorable opinion of him before the season began but he seems pretty normal now all the sudden. He still scores points and usually just finishes outside the top 5 but I think people were expecting more. It'll be interesting to see where he goes or if he'll even return to F1 in 2021. I'm not sure if he has any sponsors but if he does he could also end up at Haas too if Perez or Hulk don't sign up.

"In IndyCar, no one makes money. It's just great, pure racing." - Sebastien Bourdais

Comment

• brundle
                Insider
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post
                It would be a shame if Gasly was on the outside looking in next season. He's taken his lumps, but appears to have found something at AT.
                The rumor that DiResta has started about Gasly is silly, to put it kindly. Don't know if there is a personal beef there, but Gasly will be staying put at AT, I'm sure.
                Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

• E Nasty
                  Insider
                  • Sep 2011

A story out of Italy that is gaining traction; Perez to Williams and Russell forced to sit out a year. It would be sort of remarkable if Mercedes can't secure him a seat despite powering nearly half of the grid next year but looking at the deals in place at the Merc teams, there's simply no room at the inn.

Comment

• Teej
                    Mr. Obvious
                    • Jul 2000

I think this is related, but saw where Russell might not be with Williams if they can sign Perez. Before the team was sold, I thought that would be impossible. Lafiti's father must be paying for more then one season
                    "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

• Hitokiri
                      Sulli from f(x)
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Teej View Post
                      I think this is related, but saw where Russell might not be with Williams if they can sign Perez. Before the team was sold, I thought that would be impossible.:
                      Me too. I hope Russell isn't let go because he and Norris are usually seen as the UK's next bright young drivers. I don't know why but ever since following F1 I always have a bias towards English drivers.
                      "In IndyCar, no one makes money. It's just great, pure racing." - Sebastien Bourdais

Comment

• Pelican Joe
                        500 History Buff!
                        • Dec 2011

I don't see Mercedes letting Russell go, but stranger things have happened. Could they ask him to take a step back in 2021 into a reserve driver role?

Comment

• brundle
                          Insider
                          • Aug 2011

I don't see Mercedes letting Russell go, but stranger things have happened. Could they ask him to take a step back in 2021 into a reserve driver role?
                          Merc won't let Russell go, but Williams just might. Sad to say, he could be on the sidelines next year.
                          Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

• Pelican Joe
                            500 History Buff!
                            • Dec 2011

Thoughts on Hulkenberg to Red Bull? I just saw it mentioned somewhere else. Not sure it's based on any hard facts, but I could see it being a good match. Marko has mentioned they want someone who can push Max and I think Nico could be that driver.

Comment

• Hitokiri
                              Sulli from f(x)
                              • Jan 2011

Thoughts on Hulkenberg to Red Bull? I just saw it mentioned somewhere else. Not sure it's based on any hard facts, but I could see it being a good match. Marko has mentioned they want someone who can push Max and I think Nico could be that driver.
                              It sure seems like Nico wants to be at Red Bull. He admitted that a seat Red Bull is appetizing and could bring a challenge to Max.

I like Nico's confidence but I think there are very few that can match Max and Nico IMO is not one of those guys. Would Nico do better then Albon...I think Nico's results would be about the same but he'll be more consistent and won't be shaken in the face the media or fans. Nico has been criticized before and all through out he has shown that it doesn't bother his results on track.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X