Mugello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic accordion crash.
    The Ferrari story is looking sadder by the week.

Comment

Originally posted by jimclark View Post
      Did everyone miss the point that was made during the broadcast that you couldn't start racing 'til the start/finish line. Bottas was legal bringing the field slowly. It WAS the responsibility of those following to keep THEIR sheet together.
      They did. Bottas did was he was permitted to do according to a poorly written restart procedure. The leaders usually go much earlier than that, and the cars in the back, with their limited visibility beyond a car or two in front of them, reacted to what they could see, which was the light boards and the flag.
      “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by IndyCarFan100 View Post
        What color are the Ferraris?
        They were painted burgundy to reflect the team's 1950 colors. I thought they looked pretty darned cool.
        Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Definitely an interesting race to watch. On a personal note, for the first time ever my 10-year-old son asked to watch the race with me. He's really been getting into racing over the past year. I've never wanted to push him, as I think it's important for him to develop his own interest...but it was really cool watching it with him (we also watched qualifying together).
          Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post
            Definitely an interesting race to watch. On a personal note, for the first time ever my 10-year-old son asked to watch the race with me. He's really been getting into racing over the past year. I've never wanted to push him, as I think it's important for him to develop his own interest...but it was really cool watching it with him (we also watched qualifying together).

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post

They were painted burgundy to reflect the team's 1950 colors. I thought they looked pretty darned cool.
              Thanks. I loved them! Very cool.
              How can pork be wrong when people eat more pork than any other protein on the planet.

Comment

Drivers in F2 and F3 managed to do restarts without wadding up a whole lot of machinery on the front straight - and the F3 field had 28 cars.

Comment

I think in a situation like that they should wait until the lead car accelerates before lighting the green boards or waving the green flags.

In any event, Bottas did what was smart from a racing point of view. Hamilton, Max, etc. would all have done exactly the smash thing at that circuit.

The carnage made the race interesting, but it was a shame for Bottas. He made the perfect (original) start, and probably would have won the race.

Comment

The next GP is certain to be saner after Day-Monza and Mugello-Dega
                    Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X