No announcement yet.

Perez out of RP at end of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Bull is a company run by Dieiter the Austrian, but the other investor from early days is Thai. Hence the support for Albon. Red Bull the product originated in Thailand.
    And don't forget the heat!

Comment

Originally posted by brad.nky View Post

I agree with you about Perez over Albon. The money he could bring to RB could also be used to buy the Honda IP possibly? Just a thought.
      What is the “Honda IP?”

Comment

Intellectual property. If Red Bull could get that then they would not have to go to Renault or build a whole new engine. Just buy the whole program.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2 View Post
          Intellectual property. If Red Bull could get that then they would not have to go to Renault or build a whole new engine. Just buy the whole program.
          Has there been any additional info on this? I remember Marko saying they wouldn't do it unless F1 froze the engine rules.
          Real drivers don't need fenders!

Comment

I read on Twitter yesterday that Sergio has a press conference scheduled for Monday. Nothing announced at Red Bull, one can only think he is either going to Haas or he will sit out next year.

Comment

It's an absolute travesty that Sergio doesn't have a seat (as yet) for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mrooke View Post
                It's an absolute travesty that Sergio doesn't have a seat (as yet) for next year.
                felt bad for him losing his podium today.

Comment

Blood must be thicker than water. Albon's Thai connection must be the only thing keeping him in his seat.

His podium finish was still seconds off of Verstappen, and he was never even close to hanging with his teammate. In arguably a lesser car and lesser funded team, Perez had the podium locked up and was able to keep in front of Albon all race till the engine popped.

Nothing against Albon, but it is a shame to so clearly see a team making a decision on something other than driving talent. I do think Albon is good enough to earn a ride in F1, just not in a choice between him and Perez.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X