Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Perez with an inconclusive test, in isolation

https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/s...783897091?s=19

At first I thought this was the teams way to give him the boot and get Vettel in his seat

Comment

Esteban Gutierrez waiting in the wings if Perez isn't cleared.
      I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
      Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

Comment

Racing Point driver Sergio Perez tests positive for coronavirus. He is out of the British Grand Prix

Comment

Just saw a report he is out for the race.

Comment

Here's a link I've seen: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...Drg3jrWXJ.html

According to this, Sergio's out this weekend.

Comment

Didn't a NASCAR driver (Jimmie Johnson, I think) test positive, sat out of a race weekend, only to test negative on Monday? False positives are a thing. He had an inconclusive test followed by a positive. Test again, I say, especially if he's not showing symptoms.

Comment

F1 maintains and administers its own COVID testing program and protocols. Perez is outside those lines and will not participate this weekend. No gray areas on that for F1, the whole season would crumble if they made an exception and suddenly can’t travel to any or all countries hosting a race.

NASCAR (and by extension IMSA) does not administer any testing but encourages participants to seek a test if they find they have been exposed to a positive case or are not feeling well. But that is entirely on the participant.

Comment

At the first weekend in Austria they announced that they had given 3500 tests.

Comment

It’s interesting that Sergio reportedly wasn’t feeling well during the most recent race in Austria.

Comment

Hopefully he can recover from it and be OK. Racing is one thing but his health is more important than racing. It will be interesting to see who they get to replace him. The possibilities for a driver who is on the outside looking in having a chance to get in the hot seat in a good car is very interesting.

Comment

You know you’re having a bad week when you find out that Vettel may be taking your job, and you may have Covid. I hope Sergio prevails over both Vettel and the virus.

Comment

With UK quarantine rules Perez is out for both Silverstone races. Jon Noble from Motorsport.com reporting that Hulkenburg is the favored choice to sub as Vandoorne is in Berlin with Formula E and Gutierrez has not raced in F1 since 2016.

Comment

It is Nico.

Comment

Two more shots at a podium. Good luck, Nico

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X