Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further doubts for USGP

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/u...icial/4794921/

Austin's senior public health official says that large events are unlikely to take place in the Texan city before the end of the year, casting further doubt on the US Grand Prix, which is still scheduled for October 25.

Austin is now operating to Stage 3 of its reopening plan after an initial lockdown, which allows groups of up to 10 "low risk" people to gather. That status would have to move to Stage 1 before major events are even considered.
    Dang...
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

I would be very surprised if there is more than 10-12 races this year. Expect a couple more venue cancellations, double header ghost races and a cobbled together schedule.

Comment

Long way (relatively speaking) to October, but Austin seems to be taking a pretty conservative route to re-opening.

COTA (and the owner) are having a particularly bad year. Per the track, the shutdown has already resulted in an overall attendance loss of 600K.
      And Epstein is having problems in his hedge fund biz too.
      BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

by the time we get toward the end of the summer its possible there could be fans at sporting events I still feel pretty good about the prospects of F1 in October

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post
          Long way (relatively speaking) to October, but Austin seems to be taking a pretty conservative route to re-opening.
          That's a massive understatement. They're only hurting themselves.
          No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Interesting. Thought that town was progressive , edgy and a bit of a risk taker. Guess that was all a ruse.
            No signature required

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post
              I am not surprised that Austin is slow to re-open.
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

USGP at Indy? Or, even crazier, the Charlotte Roval?
                Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive View Post
                  Interesting. Thought that town was progressive , edgy and a bit of a risk taker. Guess that was all a ruse.
                  Shutting down longer than needed fits that kind of town to a tee, IMO.
                  No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

I am not surprised that Austin is slow to re-open.
                    I used to live there. I'm less surprised than you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive View Post
                      Which is exactly why they will probably stay shut down longer than necessary.

Comment

Sounds like people actually use their brains there. Unlike other places. And even here.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X