Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having Doubts About Any Races This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Doubts About Any Races This Season?

As I look at this season's schedule and read about the daily spread of the virus, I am having doubts about any races being run this year. I am looking as far out as Singapore in September as a possible first race if any at all.

With the number of cancellations already (8), any more races that get cancelled would make it not worthwhile to hold a 2020 season. It would make sense for them to just race the 2020 cars in 2021, considering some of the factories are being shutdown with no date of re-opening.

Comment

Racing of any kind ist the least of my worries.

Comment

We recognise there is significant potential for additional postponements in currently scheduled events, nonetheless we and our partners fully expect the season to start at some point this summer, with a revised calendar of between 15-18 races.
        "While at present no-one can be certain of exactly when the situation will improve, it will improve and when it does, we will be ready to go racing again. We are all committed to bringing our fans a 2020 Championship Season," the F1 chief said.

Comment

Originally posted by RS2 View Post
          Racing of any kind ist the least of my worries.
          Me too. I thought this was a place to discuss racing topics and escape from our worries for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by TC in Indy View Post

Me too. I thought this was a place to discuss racing topics and escape from our worries for awhile.
            Indeed, these are unprecedented times, and how the sporting world, other entertainment mediums, work places, service industry, ect. react to this situation is an interesting, and welcome, distraction when viewed from the right perspective.
            "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

A huge problem is the teams are all based in European countries bearing the brunt of this. If no one can leave Italy, you can't have F1 races basically.

I think we'll see some events this year though.

Comment

Being a Red Bull driver more hazardous than we knew.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mot...Rsk?li=BBnba9I

Comment

Originally posted by LAindycarfan80 View Post
                  With the number of cancellations already (8), any more races that get cancelled would make it not worthwhile to hold a 2020 season. It would make sense for them to just race the 2020 cars in 2021, considering some of the factories are being shutdown with no date of re-opening.
                  About two weeks ago the decision was reached to delay the 2021regulation package to 2022 and that all teams would run their 2020 chassis in 2021.

F1, the FIA and all 10 teams have unanimously agreed to delay the introduction of the 2021 technical regulations by a year to 2022…

The stakeholders held a conference call on Thursday to discuss the coronavirus pandemic and its impacts on the sport.

They decided that the best course of action was to delay the introduction of the technical rules until 2022, with the 2020 rules applying into 2021.

It is hoped that this will ease the financial burden on the teams, particularly at a time when their income may be reduced because of fewer races this year.
                  https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...z9SnMEyK8.html

https://www.trackforum.org/forum/mot...yed-until-2022
                  "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

If the season is canceled then we will never get to see the Mercedes dual axle steering as F1 announced that it will still be banned next year even though the other regulations aren't changing.

Comment

Originally posted by PastorOfMuppets View Post
                      If the season is canceled then we will never get to see the Mercedes dual axle steering as F1 announced that it will still be banned next year even though the other regulations aren't changing.
                      Where's the announcement? All I've seen is this one:https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...z9SnMEyK8.html

btw, I don't get the "dual axle steering". I thought it just changed the toe-in.......
                      "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

dual axis. Sorry, I just realized the typo.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/52087215

Comment

Is it crazy to think that all of the US-based series will restart and run some races but F1 won't?
                          Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X