Virtual Zandvoort

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Zandvoort

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Jimmy Broadbent, but he gives us a little preview of what Zandvoort might be like.

I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
    Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

I know what it is like it is three hours from here and the town Zandvoort is a regular visit because of the great beach there. The track is compact, ike Hungary. It is very primative for a track that will hold a modern F1 race. The city is only going to give a $4mil upgrade. It is in a protected dune area so big constuction is not a qeestion.

144997-circuit-zandvoort-4.jpg

Comment

I don't see anything but a single file parade unless it rains. The track is barely wide enough to fit a modern day F1 car as is. Not to mention the biggest asset of the old track, a long straight is gone with the new track.

Comment

I have felt that zandvoort is one of the wider tracks I have been on.

Comment

Isn't that where Williamson burnt to death?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Paff View Post
            Yes. Some of the most tragic minutes of video you'll ever watch.
            The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post

Yes. Some of the most tragic minutes of video you'll ever watch.
              Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Paff View Post
                Piers Courage died there too in a fiery crash.

Comment

Sadly Zandvoort will be a boredome follow-the-leader track IMO. Catalunya was hardly any better but everyone has grown tired of that **** already. Maybe some weather influence aids this cause but other than that I just don't see any excitement here. Track is pure old school, very narrow by modern standards and quite frankly butchered in the back section. It's OK for a ladder single-spec series but F1? Not so much.

Comment

Just read an article on the Red Bull team taking to the track for an exhibition in front of packed stands. One driver's opinion is that big balls are needed to drive this track. Sometimes just surviving the mayhem is a win.
                    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
                    X