No announcement yet.

Shanghai Grand Prix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else subscribe to Marc Priestley on YouTube? Good F1 insights from a former McLaren mechanic. Indycar gets a positive mention in the intro too. China roundup here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BixzvCsUDAE

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Worth View Post
      Anyone else subscribe to Marc Priestley on YouTube? Good F1 insights from a former McLaren mechanic. Indycar gets a positive mention in the intro too. China roundup here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BixzvCsUDAE
      Have watched Priestley for quite a while. Good stuff! Don't always agree, but he does have some good thoughts.

Comment

Terrible race. I could not even finish it.

I seriously hope LC ignores team rules next race - if it comes up. Less his engine issues in the past race, he'd be ahead of Vettel. In fact max would be as well - and that's about where the talent lands.

Long Beach was no better - hope we don't have too many of these weekends this season!

Comment

This championship is over. Unless Mercedes goes off the wagon which isn't going to happen or Bottas gives the fight to Hamilton which I doubt either he can or Mercedes would allow it, congratulations Lewis on winning another title.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post
            Red Bull is just as competitive with the Honda as they were before. So hey McLaren, maybe the problem wasn't the power unit.
            Verstappen is not mixing it up with the Ferraris as much and through 3 races he's yet to even touch the rear of a Mercedes. Gasly meanwhile is showing to be the expected massive downgrade from Ricciardo.

The whole fastest lap thing, 7th place, i.e. Best of the Rest, lose about a second per lap to the worst car of the top 3 teams, regardless of what track they're on. That's been true for a few years. Come end of race time unless there are shenanigans like a safety car, that gap is always going to be larger than what it takes for that worst car of the top 3 teams to come in and change tires real quick.

So the fastest lap point is pretty much a freebie for whoever is running Worst of the Best.

I'm expecting a lot of fastest lap points in Gasly's 2019 season.

Comment

At the end of the day Red Bull was the third best team last year, they're the third best team this year.
              The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

At the end of the day Red Bull was the third best team last year, they're the third best team this year.
                If your standard for success for the Honda engine move was "stay ahead of Renault", congrats, they've done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Privateer View Post

If your standard for success for the Honda engine move was "stay ahead of Renault", congrats, they've done that.
                  I'm saying, in regards to McLaren, maybe it wasn't the power unit if Red Bull can be the third best team with the Honda same as they were Renault power.
                  The Ayn Rand of Indycar

Comment

I'm saying, in regards to McLaren, maybe it wasn't the power unit if Red Bull can be the third best team with the Honda same as they were Renault power.
                    Red Bull are only on a 6-car grid! Allright, maybe 5 now if you want to remove Gasly, but there has been a monumental gap between 6th and 7th on the grid for years now. Renault, Racing Point, Haas, etc. are racing in a completely different sport from Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull. I mean do you realize how bad the Honda would have to be for Renault to be on par with Red Bull?

Comment

I really don't know what point you're trying to make. McLaren switched power units from Honda and are no more competitive than before. Red Bull switched to Honda and are no less. The logical conclusion is the Honda power unit is not the key variable. If you're disputing this, then try to dispute it.
                      Last edited by DaveL; 04-18-2019, 11:03 AM.
                      The Ayn Rand of Indycar

Comment

Working...
                      X