Bernie Busted by DJ Prank!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernie Busted by DJ Prank!!!!

It's true regarding the Canadia Grand Prix being no more...straight from the unknowing words of Bernie E!!!

http://www.ckoi.com/ckoi2/mp3/meille...m_formule1.mp3

The beginning is in french but after 45 seconds you hear the "PM" talking to Bernie in heavily accented French.

Shawn
    Last edited by shawn67; 08-12-2003, 10:46 AM.
    University of Kansas Cancer Center

Here's the story according to www.itv-f1.com.

"Bernie Ecclestone has inadvertently confirmed to radio pranksters that the Canadian GP will not be on the 2004 calendar.

Ecclestone made the admission in a prank call made by a Montreal radio station on Monday evening.

The F1 supremo was called by who he believed to be Canada’s prime minister, Jean Chretien. In fact it was a pair of disc jockeys - Sebastien Trudel and Marc-Antoine Audette – who are well known for similar such stunts.

The conversation was aired on the French-speaking CKOI radio station as the row over the event continued to make the headlines following an announcement last week by the organisers that the race would be dropped.

Ecclestone denied the story shortly after, but during the radio conversation he confirmed that the race would in fact be ditched unless teams would be allowed to run with tobacco advertising. The ban is set to be introduced on 1 October 2003.

He said: "We had a beautiful relationship with [Canada] over the years, and I was hoping...we were going to continue with that exemption.

"When I was informed it stopped, then that put us in a very difficult position, obviously.

"We're not trying to blackmail you...believe you me. We have enough people that want races there, it's not that. We love Canada, we love Montreal - everybody's happy. [But] We always try to honour whatever we agreed to."
    www.butler.edu

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X