USGP Support Race Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USGP Support Race Idea

Although many (due to the date change and low quality tix) here are calling the USGP dead- I still believe in the product. I noticed that the USGP site only has 1 Support race announced for the 2003 Weekend. I know that the historic GP, the Ferrari Challenge is recognized as a pro racing series. They are guys who love race cars and race them well. Does anyone here think that a better support race on sat would help the GP.

Something along the lines of Trans Am?

Just an Idea. I would love to see that attached to the GP weekend.

Scott
    Hobbies: Racing, Racing, Racing.

Trans Am would be cool. Although not as cool as a real race with the historic cars on the oval
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

I love the Trans-Am idea..

How about the IPS in the future?
      To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 11 posts.

Molon Labe!

Comment

I always liked the idea of a six hour ALMS event that ran late that evening. But it would be hard on people working - stay that late, then turn around the next day.

Toyota Atlantics? IPS? Works for me.
        http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've always thought Toyota Atlantics should be the support race at the USGP. I just don't know how the logisitics would be worked out to happen since the series is owned by CART?

"I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Originally posted by Teej
            I've always thought Toyota Atlantics should be the support race at the USGP. I just don't know how the logisitics would be worked out to happen since the series is owned by CART?

The series is also sponsored by current IRL engine manufacturer and F1 team owner Toyota.

http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mnkywrch
              The series is also sponsored by current IRL engine manufacturer and F1 team owner Toyota.

And also has TG's nephew driving a USGP sponsored car. Seems like a natural to me.
              Kevin Kalkhoven on Champ Car: "The amount of money we're spending is very little overall and I can afford to run this thing forever."

Comment

...I'd like to see an ALMS race at IMS.
                ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by Teej

Atlantics used to run a support race during the Canadian GP weekend. No reason it couldn't be done at Indy.

Comment

The Atlantics would be pretty cool.
                    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Don't laugh

ok go ahead and laugh

How about a CART race as the support race after its renamed F2
                      I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

Comment

I see from the schedule that the Porshe Super Cup is racing and the support race is TBD, have there been any rumors?

IRL Roadrace demonstation
                        "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

Now why would we want to alinate the fanbase of IMS with a demonstration?

At least the CART circus would fit under the bigtop of F1

I beleive the Atlantics would be another top choice.

Scott
                          Hobbies: Racing, Racing, Racing.

Comment

Paul Gentilozzi et al are making a bid to buy CART, outcome still in doubt.
                            Paul owns Trans Am.

I would like to see a vintage CanAm race as a support event. Big, fast cars, lots of noise, glamour and history to boot.

However, the biggest crowd booster might be a motorcyle enduro.

Comment

International F3 race. Get some American backing to run promising US drivers against the top 20 or so F3 drivers from around the world.
                              "I kill for the code to disarm this mess..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X