Montoya to McLaren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montoya to McLaren

Based on the quotes of Sir Frank I have read, it seems like McLaren wants Montoya pretty bad. If that happens, who gets Montoya's spot at Williams? I'd like to see Villeneuve get it.

Re: Montoya to McLaren

Originally posted by mario
    Based on the quotes of Sir Frank I have read, it seems like McLaren wants Montoya pretty bad. If that happens, who gets Montoya's spot at Williams? I'd like to see Villeneuve get it.

...anyone other than Villenueve IMO.

Trulli, Alonso, Fisichella even Button all deserve a shot in my book.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Re: Re: Montoya to McLaren

Originally posted by indyracefan
      ...anyone other than Villenueve IMO.
      I agree
      IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

I think Heidfeld would do a good job.

Comment

MPM to McLaren Won't happen IMHO, and JV will never get that seat after this season.

If it did happen, I'd be surprised if it was Heidfeld--nothing exciting happening there. I bet Fisi would offer to do the job cheap.

Comment

It looks to me like the Williams cars may well be the best cars in F1 over the next few years. If a Williams seat opened up it would be interesting to see the scramble to try to get it.

Comment

Alonso would be my first choice, but he's going to Ferrari. (My fearless prediction, no facts). Webber would be good, but not as good as Montoya. Budding superstars... Massa? DC was there once and didn't do much, so a swap is probably out of the question.

"I don't know".

Comment

I doubt that Williams will let one of the top 3 drivers in F1 slip away to one of their most heated rivals.

Franky's got the money in the bank to make Montoyas future a happy one, and a Williams one.

Comment

I think, based on past history, that the only way Montoya will leave Williams after this season is if he wins the WDC.

Comment

Originally posted by gyc
                    I think, based on past history, that the only way Montoya will leave Williams after this season is if he wins the WDC.
                    Actually, to stay in historical perspective........he would have to win the WDC at the end of his current contract and demand more money than Frank is willing to pay.

GV

Comment

Villeneuve had his shot and now he is going to be kicked out the bottom of the food chain at BAR; that should do his Ego some good.
                      The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Past history aside (the contract dealings of Nigel Mansell & Damon Hill) I think Williams would be crazy to let Montoya go.
                        Giancarlo Fisichella has spent enough time in F1 purgatory to merit a shot in a top-notch ride like McLaren...
                        "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Montoya will finish his contract at Williams......win the 2004 WDC......then go to McLaren and drive Newey's solid MP4-20 in 2005.

Just a guess.......

GV

Comment

Originally posted by GrandView
                            ......win the 2004 WDC......
                            GV
                            Will that be his second or first title?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe in LA
                              Will that be his second or first title?
                              Good question, Joe.

The puncture that vacated Michael's podium finish lost the cushion that would have afforded the opportunity to "play the scoring system".

Michael has to take more chances now, and currently the better package appears to be Williams. It's imperative that Michael qualify better than he has in the last few races. If he can't stay in contact with Montoya during the race, he better pray for some JPM bad luck.

......or some rain

.....or some cool weather

GV

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X