Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montoya wins in Germany

....someone had to say it.

Start line crash eliminated RS,RB and KR,leaving JPM free to romp away.
    Some great action in the mid field and another great tussle for 2nd spot,with Schumi and Coulthard making some brave moves to get around an ailing Trulli.
    MS's great drive ruined by a very late puncture,dropping him to 7th,and launching JPM into a genuine title threat.

USGP 2003 should be fabulous.
    ...the spice must flow.....

............drip.....................drip......... ...............drip............

No wonder the USGP is having troubles.
    ...the spice must flow.....

Comment

Unless you're a big fan of Montoya, this race was no gem although Coulthard did a fine job and was rewarded with his 2nd place. Very crazy day. One thing that did disturb me was the way Kimi's car broke up. The speed of that crash wasn't all that high and it hit a tire wall. It shouldn't have come apart that badly. Apparently, he really got his bell rung and I hope it turns out ok.
      Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Off vacation, house full of company, but did squeeze in the telecast this morning. The Williams seem to have come dominant. JPM down by 6 to Michael, Williams down by 2 to Ferrari. Coulthard can really turn it up when he's on form, just not consistently. Trulli was gassed, but Renault continues to impress. After the first lap crash I thought the race would be uninteresting, but the battling in the pack was exciting as ****. Michael is more fun to watch when he's in a car that is not dominant. Never says die. Jacques fails to impress once again. I think that boy is done.

Montoya fan here, hope he goes all the way. Let's pull in a big crowd in September, because the June date looks like a loser from here.

Yeah, I was surprised to see the damage to the McLaren, hope Kimi can carry on unabated.

Best F1 season in a while.

Comment

Any race Montoya wins is a great one in my book. Another 20 laps and he would have put the whole field down a lap.

It appeared there were a ton of empty seats today. I was very surprised by that.

Comment

I thought it was a great show, not like last week, but good just the same...

And I though it was a big crowd, dam' near a packed house,,, No ??? One grandstand, a little short, but a ton of people in the rest of them, No ???

I am not sure about Kimi's car, I think, maybe,,, these cars are going a lot faster, than one might think, it took ten minutes for that car to stop sheading parts... But you are right, not much left...
            Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

I missed the race, thanks for the update!

Looks like the US Grand Prix may have some points drama this year, will have to make the trip down from Detroit to catch it.

This has been the best year in a long time, hope the bottom teams can stay on board, as they can't afford to lose anymore teams.

Comment

Personally, i think Montoya would of won the race , even if there wasn't a crash at the 1st corner. He was kickin some butt out there today and he finished the race without screwing it up. He got a good result and now is only 6 points behind Mr Chin. It's going to be a good fight , all the way to the end with Montoya, Chin, KR,RS. Man i'm lovin this year, the best F1 season in a long time. And when the last race is finished, it will be JUAN PABLO MONTOYA that will be CHAMPION!!!!!!

GO!!!JPM

Comment

A chance at seeing history in September?

"Any race Montoya wins is a great one in my book."
                  ditto SPM

I left for the Brickyard 400 with 20 laps remaining because I knew Juan had em covered in Hockenheim, I'd like to see Montoya become the first driver to win two different events at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, I wouldn't bet against it!...
                  "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

Originally posted by IndyJim
                    I missed the race, thanks for the update!

Looks like the US Grand Prix may have some points drama this year, will have to make the trip down from Detroit to catch it.

This has been the best year in a long time, hope the bottom teams can stay on board, as they can't afford to lose anymore teams.
                    ...definitely been a great season this year, something we've been lacking for awhile.

Perhaps this might be the 'best' USGP to date, at least in the 3 years it's now been at IMS.

Great to see you'll make the trip this year, see you there!

Hopefully others will decide the same about the USGP this year and have a better turn-out than last years 'less-than-dramatic' USGP.
                    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I've not seen the whole thing yet, but unfortunately, I saw the results in the Sports section while sitting in the barber's shop yesterday. Watched the first hour last night. Go JPM!
                      One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

I think the BMW WIlliams has more horsepower than the other cars and that would enable them to add downforce and be really quick thru the turns. You could tell that either the Michelin tires were of a softer compond or the downforce was extremely high when they showed the condition of the tires.Ferrari needs to go to work on their engine program.

Nice to see more than just one car or one team able to win now.
                        SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

JPM for WDC 2003.

Any word on the new McLaren, as in, will they get around to racing the thing in 2003?
                          http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mnkywrch
                            Any word on the new McLaren, as in, will they get around to racing the thing in 2003?
                            Very unlikely.

Ron has admitted it's best use is a platform for the MP4-19 in 2004.

It was a revolutionary car in many aspects, but the inherent development time caught them out. If Kimi didn't have a glimmer of hope in this season's championship they would likely use the remainder of the season developing it.

However, it's likely the current MP4-17D will finish the season.

GV

Comment

Originally posted by GrandView
                              Very unlikely.

Ron has admitted it's best use is a platform for the MP4-19 in 2004.

It was a revolutionary car in many aspects, but the inherent development time caught them out. If Kimi didn't have a glimmer of hope in this season's championship they would likely use the remainder of the season developing it.

However, it's likely the current MP4-17D will finish the season.

GV
                              I had missed that - thanks, GV.

I wonder if there would be any value in sending DC out in the MP4-18... of course, they are somewhat close in the Constructor's Championship too...
                              http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X