Preseason Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason Testing

Raikkonen puts the Sauber into the gravel just minutes after the green flag of the opening test. I think it's safe to say he's still motivated.

Bottas turning a 1:24.381 within the first 30 minutes, which is just a tick over 4 seconds off last year's day 1 pace. He's on the C3 tire which is the middle compound. C1 is the hardest and C5 the softest. If the cars are going to be slower in 1 lap pace, I don't think it's going to be very much.

For F1, I think I'm more interested in car launches, preseason testing, and in season car development than the actual races.

Vettel goes out and almost immediately lays down a 1:20.920 on C2's. Last year's quick time on day 1 was 1:20.179. Track record is 1:16.173.

I believe there is some run off added on the final turn, but I'm not sure if that's impacting lap times in any way.

Comment

Vettel with a 1:18.425 on C3's

Certainly can't put much into testing times, but I think it's clear that the downforce that was taken away isn't going to slow them down.

Comment

Thanks for the updates.
        "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
        "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

Red Bull Honda camp appeared to have a trouble free morning. Haas had fuel pressure issues that kept them sidelined the majority of the morning. Vettel claws away more time getting down to a 1:18.161 a little before lunch. 67 laps already for Ferrari with Vettel having just brought it into the pits before lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderless View Post
            Thanks for the updates.
            No problem

Comment

No Williams for tomorrow either. Wouldn't surprise me to see them not show up all week.

Comment

Ferrari on track, orange is the new red?
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by beej View Post
                  Ferrari on track, orange is the new red?
                  Guess so. Seems many are saying it looks different depending on light, shade, etc. Kind of reminds me of the Marlboro red. Looked so different from in person, to pictures, to TV. Perhaps that's the 2019 version of the discreet Marlboro branding.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X