Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Korean GP: F1 Stars Staying in Korean Hourly Hotels

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Korean GP: F1 Stars Staying in Korean Hourly Hotels

    As the Swiss newspaper Blick has said, the F1 circus has arrived "at the ass of the world." Seems that everything in Korea is not as good as Mr. Ecclestone would have us to believe and that some drivers are having to stay at hourly hotels instead of proper 5-star hotels. Below is a link for the translated version of the original report on Motorsport-Total.de

    http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate

  • #2
    But Indianapolis did not have good enough accomidations for Mr. E as he commuted from Chicago.
    Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

    Comment


    • #3
      Well eventually Mr E decided the Canterbury Hotel in Indy was good enough, but am not sure of their hourly rates...

      Comment


      • #4
        Hourly rates....Someone better call Mad Max he may want in on this.....
        Ferris

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Indy kiwi View Post
          Well eventually Mr E decided the Canterbury Hotel in Indy was good enough, but am not sure of their hourly rates...
          I very nice hotel indeed....
          Ferris

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ferris View Post
            Hourly rates....Someone better call Mad Max he may want in on this.....
            Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

            Comment


            • #7
              This race would go off better if they just plopped the whole thing on the Burke Lakefront Airport tarmac right now with no bleachers or concrete barriers put up.

              This is a new low point for F1.:tsk:
              Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

              INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

              my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by thehairpin View Post
                This race would go off better if they just plopped the whole thing on the Burke Lakefront Airport tarmac right now with no bleachers or concrete barriers put up.

                This is a new low point for F1.:tsk:
                Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the first running of the KIM CHEE GRAND PRIX Sponsored by TROJAN ...
                My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

                P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ferris View Post
                  I very nice hotel indeed....
                  Yes indeed. Mrs Kiwi and I spent our anniversary there a few years ago, not long after the tire debacle at Indy. The folks working there had some very interesting insights on how it went down the previous evening.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ferris View Post
                    hourly rates....someone better call mad max he may want in on this.....
                    lmao!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Please, do tell.

                      Originally posted by Indy kiwi View Post
                      Yes indeed. Mrs Kiwi and I spent our anniversary there a few years ago, not long after the tire debacle at Indy. The folks working there had some very interesting insights on how it went down the previous evening.
                      Frequent violator of Indycar rule 9.3.8
                      "They all love preaching safe racing and everything but when you're gonna pass them they're just douchebags." - JPM

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ferris View Post
                        Hourly rates....Someone better call Mad Max he may want in on this.....
                        Can Tomas Scheckter be very far behind? Oh wait, the article mentioned hourly hotels, not hourly F1 tubs ...


                        On a brighter note, F1 drivers are delighted by the ability to purchase smokes, lottery tickets and milk on every corner!

                        Porscheman
                        @porscheman121 on Twitter #+200HP!
                        237.498/241.428/242.333 Speeds from the olden days!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JacquesNGilles View Post
                          Please, do tell.
                          Well there was a meeting in the hotel bar with drivers and team management with Uncle Bernie until all hours of the night (actually early morning) discussing the tire situation and what would be done about it. The person who told me about it was there. The amazing thing is that at the track the next morning, hardly anyone in the crowd knew anything was amiss until word filtered out from those receiving calls from friends watching TV.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            How much $ have they spent only to be disrespected and laughed at by the F1 community? Why would Austin open themselves up for that? No matter how nice it is, there will be people making fun of it.
                            "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
                            " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Indy kiwi View Post
                              Well there was a meeting in the hotel bar with drivers and team management with Uncle Bernie until all hours of the night (actually early morning) discussing the tire situation and what would be done about it. The person who told me about it was there. The amazing thing is that at the track the next morning, hardly anyone in the crowd knew anything was amiss until word filtered out from those receiving calls from friends watching TV.
                              I saw Bernie, Ron and Flav emerge from the hotel in the morning. They were standing around chatting intensely while waiting for their cars and looking very grim. It was pretty obvious that things were not well. But, you are absolutely right--very few at the track seemed to have any idea there was going to be a mess.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X