Jim Clark Voted Best Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Clark Voted Best Driver

The poll for best F1 driver of all time on the Track Forum web site has closed and Jim Clark finished on top with 26 votes, Ayrton Senna was second with 24 votes and Juan Manuel Fangio came in third with 19 votes. To see the full results, go to the original thread.

Thanks to all who voted and posted comments in the Best F1 Driver of All Time thread. Feel free to continue the discussion here or on the original thread.

Great choice

from my office:
    "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

JNG approves.
      Frequent violator of Indycar rule 9.3.8
      "They all love preaching safe racing and everything but when you're gonna pass them they're just douchebags." - JPM

Comment

Is there an ugly trophy to go along with the 'honor'?
        "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
        "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

Jim C. was my all-time hero and I was crushed when he passed. Racing is different than other "sports". The risk raises this sport above all. I am so thankful that young fans today don't have to go through the losses my generation suffered. Clark, Donohue, Revson, Senna, Jan Opperman, we've all lost idols. Racing will always be risky, but that's part of what makes it so exciting. Jim Clark was the greatest of all in my opinion, but whomever was the greatest in your opinion was the greatest.
          "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Even though Senna was my all-time fav, it's hard to argue this choice.

Comment

There are so many interesting stories about Jimmy Clark. One of them is about him running a support sports cars race in the Felday 4wd 2 litre. And he won the first heat in it. I'm afraid we'll never see the likes of someone like him ever again.

Comment

Foyt respected Clark and thought him to be a gentleman.
                "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff View Post
                  Foyt respected Clark and thought him to be a gentleman.
                  Was Foyt ever accused of that? Just asking....

Comment

Originally posted by Indy kiwi View Post
                    Was Foyt ever accused of that? Just asking....
                    I'm not clear how this has anything to do with the poll choosing Clark.

Perhaps you can unconfuse me.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff View Post
                      I'm not clear how this has anything to do with the poll choosing Clark.

Perhaps you can unconfuse me.
                      What, we're supposed to stay on-topic here? Is that something new??? Where's my good friend Little Ant VOP from the swamps when you need him?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X