Hamilton Vrs Webber, Singapore Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton Vrs Webber, Singapore Edition

Lewis didn't give him much room. Mark slid out just a little. Hard racing. No one to blame. The stewards got this one right.
    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Have to give'm a little lattitude when racing. Other wise you might as well just watch syncho swimming.
    .....every dog was born free to live, even if it means dying.

fav car pics
    http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20car%20pics/

Comment

Agreed. Good no-call. Man, Kubs is a beast! Someone get this guy in Massa's seat NOW!
      Frequent violator of Indycar rule 9.3.8
      "They all love preaching safe racing and everything but when you're gonna pass them they're just douchebags." - JPM

Comment

Just racing, Hamilton could of made some more room. Just happy the Stewards did't do anything to Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by abuseddog View Post
          Have to give'm a little lattitude when racing.
          Sure. At those speeds and under that much pressure, a human being isn't going to be perfect absolutely all the time, especially when it gets that tight.

This is racing at the highest level and F1 is consistantly the most cutthroat business on the planet. However, imagine if Hamiilton would have given Webber just another 6 inches. It is quite possible Webber would have gotten him on the exit, but at least Lewis wouldn't have been out of the race on the spot. I think Lewis races a little too hard for his own good, and he expects the others to give him room when they won't.

Conversely, I think webber had lost the corner and should have conceded, but it sure didn't work out that badly for him.

And what's with the McLaren breaking any time it touches anything? Last week Lewis broke the front on a Ferrari that came out without a scratch, and this week he broke the back on a Red Bull that hardly noticed the shot.
          "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

I reminded me of the crash in Turkey. One guy gets a nose in front and expects the other driver to shut it down and pull over and if he doesn't, turn into him. Works OK in NASCAR, I guess.

I was glad no action was taken but if they had, I would have thought Hamiton should be the one penalized. Apparently that makes me odd man out.

Comment

Just racing. Although in F1 it appears it is proper etiquette to push the other guy off the track either on the inside or outside past the track surface when passing.

Rant mode << am not in agreement with this paradigm in F1. I would expect room to be given either on inside or outside in my perfect racing world - and that would be one car width plus 1mm. It always seems the inside driver pushes the outside driver off past the rumble strips when exiting the corner. Would be nice for once to see the inside car taken out (probably only could be a McLaren with the fragile components) just to prove the point that the outside driver has a right to stay on the track and race. To me there is no difference between a pit wall being outside the racing surface and a rumble strip with painted green track on the outside. >> Rant off.

In this instance, Hamilton squeezed just a few cm too much and it "compromised" his McLaren. I am bummed for that as he is one of my favorites. I also don't believe anyone should "concede" (Webber) the corner, this is tough business and every spot must be won - and I hope it is won fare and square.

Originally posted by JacquesNGilles View Post
              Agreed. Good no-call. Man, Kubs is a beast! Someone get this guy in Massa's seat NOW!
              NO NO NO! A Trillion times NFW. We can't take my favorite driver and put him in a FIAt on the DARK SIDE.

NO!
              No signature required

Comment

I believe the stewards made the right decision today, in taking no action against either driver.

Comment

Danny Sullivan was the steward again today.

Comment

Fundamentally, they made the right call, but I still think Webber is a tosser and thus needed a penalty.

Comment

Stewards made the right call, but I wish Webber's front suspension would also have broke. There is no poetic justice in what happened.

Comment

I just want to see Kubica in a car that can constantly contend. Ferrari seems like the most likely choice. I doubt Mercedes would be considered any more competetive. It would have to be one of the top three and the "Evil Empire" is the only one accepting applications, allegedely. lol. I do, however, see your point.

Originally posted by Automotive View Post
                        Just racing. Although in F1 it appears it is proper etiquette to push the other guy off the track either on the inside or outside past the track surface when passing.

Rant mode << am not in agreement with this paradigm in F1. I would expect room to be given either on inside or outside in my perfect racing world - and that would be one car width plus 1mm. It always seems the inside driver pushes the outside driver off past the rumble strips when exiting the corner. Would be nice for once to see the inside car taken out (probably only could be a McLaren with the fragile components) just to prove the point that the outside driver has a right to stay on the track and race. To me there is no difference between a pit wall being outside the racing surface and a rumble strip with painted green track on the outside. >> Rant off.

In this instance, Hamilton squeezed just a few cm too much and it "compromised" his McLaren. I am bummed for that as he is one of my favorites. I also don't believe anyone should "concede" (Webber) the corner, this is tough business and every spot must be won - and I hope it is won fare and square.

NO NO NO! A Trillion times NFW. We can't take my favorite driver and put him in a FIAt on the DARK SIDE.

NO!
                        Frequent violator of Indycar rule 9.3.8
                        "They all love preaching safe racing and everything but when you're gonna pass them they're just douchebags." - JPM

Comment

Webber gave him room
                          If he went any further left he would have needed an usher
                          Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
                            Webber gave him room
                            If he went any further left he would have needed an usher
                            Webber tried to give him room, but slid out just a little. That's all it took.

Comment

Funny how things can change so quickly. Ferrari was going to start working on next year's car if they didn't get a good result at Monza.
                              Just two weeks later, Alonso is 2nd just 11 points out. 50 points and two Hamilton DNFs will do that, I guess.
                              It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X