That Singapore track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Singapore track

Is it just me or does it seem like they are racing at an indoor Kart track thru some sections?

I like most of the track but at times it seems like they are racing indoors

Must be the lighting

That combo that Hamilton is b*tching about is truly awful

Would taking all the curbing out of there really make things worse?
    Live like Dave

Maybe some board track banking
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Nice finish!

Shades of Simona there for a second.
      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
      ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
        That combo that Hamilton is b*tching about is truly awful.
        They had to make the curbs high so no one could hop them, and combined with having so many slow turns bunched together, well...... pretty sucky. The rest of the circuit seemed pretty decent, but I don't know why they have to make the fastest road racing cars in the world slow to such a painful crawl.

Really, how exciting is slow racing? I think everyone agrees that it's much better to watch theym fly through Eau Rouge, or the parabolica . You don't see a lot of gushing about La Source and Monza's ridiculous first chicane.

Wow! What an incredibly daunting and challenging hairpin!

Street racing is obviously going to be slower, but why make it so much worse than it has to be? If they took that complex out, or at least opened it up a bit, you might have a decent section. As it is, all it takes is one section like that to ruin the flow of the whole circuit. Drivers don't enjoy that sort of thing, and since it's their butts in the bucket, I think circuits should be tailored so the drivers can enjoy them.
        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin View Post
          They had to make the curbs high so no one could hop them, and combined with having so many slow turns bunched together, well...... pretty sucky. The rest of the circuit seemed pretty decent, but I don't know why they have to make the fastest road racing cars in the world slow to such a painful crawl.

Really, how exciting is slow racing? I think everyone agrees that it's much better to watch theym fly through Eau Rouge, or the parabolica . You don't see a lot of gushing about La Source and Monza's ridiculous first chicane.

Wow! What an incredibly daunting and challenging hairpin!

Street racing is obviously going to be slower, but why make it so much worse than it has to be? If they took that complex out, or at least opened it up a bit, you might have a decent section. As it is, all it takes is one section like that to ru10in the flow of the whole circuit. Drivers don't enjoy that sort of thing, and since it's their butts in the bucket, I think circuits should be tailored so the drivers can enjoy them.
          I agree with much of what you say. Even so, that was a pretty good show they put on today.
          I ain't quiet, everybody else is too loud.

Comment

Originally posted by CARTer View Post
            I agree with much of what you say. Even so, that was a pretty good show they put on today.
            Very enjoyable, but I think if they opened that section up it would be better for overtaking.
            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

The Jewel in the Crown

Did anyone catch the comment at the beginning of the Speed broadcast? It was mentioned that Bernie called Singapore "the jewel in the crown of Formula One". Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Milton View Post
                Did anyone catch the comment at the beginning of the Speed broadcast? It was mentioned that Bernie called Singapore "the jewel in the crown of Formula One". Really?
                He must mean they have really deep pockets.
                Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Shades of Simona there for a second.
                  No, that was all driver's fault. Despite having plenty of warning from the crew regarding the, uh, engine failure and plenty of time, Heikki Kovalainen simply drove past pit entry and onto the front straight and stopped in an area away from track marshalls and with extremely limited access to the track. In fact, it appeared as he intentionally did not go into the pits.

A smart marshall passed a fire extinguisher through the mesh of the fence to Heikki.

I like most of the track but at times it seems like they are racing indoors
                  Yeah, it's the lights; unlike the Muscos used at ovals the lights are much more tightly focused on the track iteself. It actually does look similar on ovals at night, but on a larger scale as the tracks are generally wider and there's more area illuminated due to the lights inside the tracks facing upwards toward the banking. At Singapore, all the lights are facing downward.
                  BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Heikki said he didn't want to take a burning car down the pit lane, especially so close to the end of the race when there might be lots of people around. He was looking for a marshall.

Actually he should have gone down pit lane, as there would have been plenty of fire equipment around.

Still, it was pretty bad ass watching him extinguish his own car.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                      He must mean they have really deep pockets.
                      That!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X