Car numbers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car numbers...

I happened to notice that McLaren's cars are #22 and #23...

Now I was under the impression that numbers were assigned (in general) by the highest finishing driver for each team. For instance, the world champion is #1 and his teammate is #2. The guy who finished 2nd in points (from another team) is #3 and so forth.

However, the car numbers suggest that they are assigned based on Manufacturer points. Considering McLaren's DQ last season, it is the only feasible reason i can come up with.

What is the reason behind this?
    77 Forever - Rest in Peace Dan.

- @KBrughelli11
    - @AcrossTheBricks

"Life is too short to be consumed by the circumstances that make us sour." - Helio Castroneves

Originally posted by fastmaster26
    I happened to notice that McLaren's cars are #22 and #23...

Now I was under the impression that numbers were assigned (in general) by the highest finishing driver for each team. For instance, the world champion is #1 and his teammate is #2. The guy who finished 2nd in points (from another team) is #3 and so forth.

However, the car numbers suggest that they are assigned based on Manufacturer points. Considering McLaren's DQ last season, it is the only feasible reason i can come up with.

What is the reason behind this?
    Car numbers are based on the finishing order of the preceding season's constructors championship - except for No. 1 (and consequently, 2). That is determined by the driver's championship.

Comment

Right - and also note there is never a car # 13.

Comment

FIA superstitions on the no #13?
        77 Forever - Rest in Peace Dan.

- @KBrughelli11
        - @AcrossTheBricks

"Life is too short to be consumed by the circumstances that make us sour." - Helio Castroneves

Comment

Do the cars have numbers? I didnt notice that.

I thought the driver baseball hats had numbers, I saw those, but not on the cars anymore...
          No signature required

Comment

There was a very good shot of the number on the ferrari during Massa's nose change.

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive
              Do the cars have numbers? I didnt notice that.

I thought the driver baseball hats had numbers, I saw those, but not on the cars anymore...

...they're discreet but they are there.
              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X