Montoya on F1...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montoya on F1...

Watching Trackside from Bristol and Darrell Waltrip was talking to Juan and said, "You know what's on tonight at 11... F1 qualifying! You gonna watch?" Juan: "Hell no!"

He then went on to clarify that he's in bed by 10:30 but he'd probably record it in case it rains tomorrow so he has something to watch.

Juan's a cutup to watch on the NASCAR shows - he's really having a lot of fun.
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

That was funny! He did take a subtle dig at F1 when talking about doing charity work too.

DW is a F1 wonk and a former pilote is not staying up to watch...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan77
      DW is a F1 wonk and a former pilote is not staying up to watch...
      It was a work night for the former pilot.
      I dont care to be up until 1am when I gotta
      wake up for work the next am
      Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP
        Watching Trackside from Bristol and Darrell Waltrip was talking to Juan and said, "You know what's on tonight at 11... F1 qualifying! You gonna watch?" Juan: "Hell no!"
        I wonder how many F1 drivers are staying up late to watch Bristol?

jono

Comment

Originally posted by jonovision_man

jono
          Bristol? You mean that English city between Bath and Cardiff? Why would someone stay up late to see that?

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ
            It was a work night for the former pilot.
            I dont care to be up until 1am when I gotta
            wake up for work the next am
            True...

I wonder if he'll DVR it. But all kidding aside. I think JPM is happy in NASCAR and he may not even care to watch F1 ever again. Which for F1 fans is too bad, because he was pretty darn good in F1.

Comment

Montoya has been showing a little life this year, but he continues to disappoint. Does his team just suck? I can imagine he's just a tad bitter about F-1. He should have been a World Champ, but didn't have the discipline to do it. It must gall him to see someone like Hamilton come along and completely eclipse what Montoya did. Montoya was a real talent, but you wouldn't know it watching him drive a COT.

Comment

Originally posted by jonovision_man

jono
                DC admitted that he now watches the NASCAR races and is interested in exploring it as a career option.
                "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

NASCAR: the new home of F1 washouts...

Comment

I think htat it would be fun to see JPM in one of these cars today with no traction control. I seem to remember him sliding hte car around when he did have traction control, powerslides n all....
                    The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by robespa
                      Montoya has been showing a little life this year, but he continues to disappoint. Does his team just suck? I can imagine he's just a tad bitter about F-1. He should have been a World Champ, but didn't have the discipline to do it. It must gall him to see someone like Hamilton come along and completely eclipse what Montoya did. Montoya was a real talent, but you wouldn't know it watching him drive a COT.
                      He's in a mediocre team with no veteran drivers. He's doing okay, but it is hard to judge him, much like its hard to see the talent level of a guy driving for Toro Rosso. No matter how well he goes, you don't know how bad the car is, and his teammate is not a reliable measuring stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy kiwi
                        Bristol? You mean that English city between Bath and Cardiff? Why would someone stay up late to see that?
                        Ferris

Comment

Originally posted by Indy kiwi
                          I wouldn't mind seeing this bridge:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X