USGP back in 09?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USGP back in 09?

I hope so - check out the second story: http://blog.ibj.com/thescore/blogshell.asp
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Looks like good news, I hope it happens. I hate that they aren't coming this year. I was really hoping to see Piquet Jr race. I was a big fan of his dad and I feel privilidged to have seen his dad at Indianapolis for the 500. The article touched on a sponsor negotiations and need to have a deal by august, so it sounds good to me. I wonder why Ford never got involved in it, seemed like SAP didn't do much, but I'm not a business guru.? The article's last line asks: Do you think an F1 race can make a successful comeback at the Speedway? I say yes if they don't blow it like they did in 05, hopefully an American like Marco or Graham or both get good oportunities to race in F1, probably not as soon as next year, but would create a buzz down the road. Last years turnout wasn't huge, but seemed that everyone I talked to that spoke english enjoyed having it here and dreaded the idea of it leaving. One thing that is curious to me is would they run the new circuit clockwise or counter clockwise? So yes is my answer it would be a successful comeback for me

Comment

Originally posted by f1_indy2000
      One thing that is curious to me is would they run the new circuit clockwise or counter clockwise? So yes is my answer it would be a successful comeback for me

They would run F1 the same as the bikes Counter clockwise
      I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

Comment

If F1 comes, I will drive from Denver and buy tickets to see it. Please
        Ahhh. Racing...

Leaved the politics for those paid to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by piston9
          If F1 comes, I will drive from Denver and buy tickets to see it. Please
          Looks like Colorado will be represented as I'm sure MichaelP would be back too.

Comment

Originally posted by TC in Indy
            Looks like Colorado will be represented as I'm sure MichaelP would be back too.
            There's quite a few of us here on TF from the Denver area. And you bet I'll be back!
            "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP
              There's quite a few of us here on TF from the Denver area. And you bet I'll be back!
              And another good thing if it ever comes back Michael. Our new airport opens this November.
              It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

I'll be there!!!

Comment

Id still rather pay to see 6 cars race over 43 anyday.

C'mon back boys....
                  The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

Well at least they are talking and if the title sponsor can pony up $20 - $25 million, then I think a deal can be had with Uncle Bernie for $30 - $40 million, as that seems to be his current going rate for anyone wishing to host an F1 event...Hey, maybe we can have Ralfie Boy pony up the sponsor money for 2009 since he so badly wanted to stay in F1
                    Ferris

Comment

If he ponies up the sponsorship can he ride shotgun in the safety car?

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule
                        If he ponies up the sponsorship can he ride shotgun in the safety car?
                        Better make sure that safety car is rev limited and has super soft sticky tires properly inflated!!

Comment

Originally posted by Plectraholica
                          Id still rather pay to see 6 cars race over 43 anyday.

C'mon back boys....
                          Don't get that logic. I'd rather see more cars than less. That's why the merger was a good thing. More = better. The 6 car race was one of the biggest jokes in motorsports history. Even the F1 people say that.

Comment

I thought we'd given up on picking on Ralfie boy???

Comment

Originally posted by mrooke
                              I thought we'd given up on picking on Ralfie boy???
                              Probably not until a suitable replacement is found. Even then, I don't think he will be forgotten too soon.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X