Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speed on HD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Speed on HD

    Sorry if this has already been covered. I just noticed that Speed is available in HD on certain carriers in the US. Does anyone know if the F1 races will be shown in HD? This would cause me to switch providers.

    Thanks...

  • #2
    Yes, it will be in HD

    http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/filter/date/2008-3-15

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks TC. I will be switching from Dish Network to DirectTV next week.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SWVista
        Thanks TC. I will be switching from Dish Network to DirectTV next week.
        Oh really? I was thinking of switching from Comcast cable to Dish Network. Are you switching for any other reasons?

        Comment


        • #5
          Anyone in Canada getting Speed HD? I'm on Bell ExpressVu and they are not carrying it.

          I would be interested to know if any other provider is picking it up.
          ...the spice must flow.....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TC in Indy
            Oh really? I was thinking of switching from Comcast cable to Dish Network. Are you switching for any other reasons?
            NFL Package.

            Direct has 16.5 million subscribers and big chunk of them are there for the NFL.

            Comment


            • #7
              TC, I have DishNetwork and Speed does not come in HD. It does on DirectTV which is why I plan to switch prior to the opener. Thanks again for the info.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TC in Indy
                Oh really? I was thinking of switching from Comcast cable to Dish Network. Are you switching for any other reasons?
                DON'T DO IT!!!!

                I had DirectTV for seven years, and when they wouldn't give me a deal on an HD upgrade I cancelled & switched to Dish.

                Then, a week later, DTV began calling trying to lure me back with some great offers.

                Too late by then.

                I have a 1 yr Dish contract that is up in June & I will be a DTV customer the very same day my Dish contract runs out.

                GO DTV OR DON"T GO AT ALL!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've been happy with dishnetwork, but if dish doesn't get SpeedHD and the indianapolis locals in HD pretty soon, I'll switch.
                  Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
                  Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

                  "There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Be sure that they give you an H20 grade box. That box is required for the additional HD channels that DirecTV just came out with.

                    My experience with DirecTV has been a very good one. They came out and upgraded my DVR to the H20 grade for free.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm jealous of you guys getting F1 in HD.

                      I have a HD setup but the F1 is broadcast on an independent tv channel, who don't as yet transmit HD content.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I keep trying to ditch my Direct TV, lots of billing issues.. but then I look at my neighbors COMCAST cable reception and there is no way I could stand that picture. And I love the NFL pkg. It is simply the best

                        As for HD? Maybe if I win the lottery tonight?? >
                        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by silva33
                          Be sure that they give you an H20 grade box. That box is required for the additional HD channels that DirecTV just came out with.

                          My experience with DirecTV has been a very good one. They came out and upgraded my DVR to the H20 grade for free.
                          Good advice Silva33. I will be sure to request this. Thanks

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MoparsRule
                            DON'T DO IT!!!!

                            I had DirectTV for seven years, and when they wouldn't give me a deal on an HD upgrade I cancelled & switched to Dish.

                            Then, a week later, DTV began calling trying to lure me back with some great offers.

                            Too late by then.

                            I have a 1 yr Dish contract that is up in June & I will be a DTV customer the very same day my Dish contract runs out.

                            GO DTV OR DON"T GO AT ALL!!!!
                            MR, are you just doing that to get Speed in HD? I can see this is going to be a tough decision. Dish Network carries NESN and I'm a big Red Sox fan too. However, DirectTV is rated higher than Dish in Consumer Reports.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              For Speed HD & also for the locals in HD.
                              And for me, the DTV Tivo is a much better recorder w/ more options than the DISH DVR.
                              I don't know if this is coincidence or not - but I've also had more "service outages" with my Dish than I had with my DTV.

                              BUT - Dish is adding more HD channels, so if the NESN is a requirement for you, then you may think about how important 6 hrs of F1 in HD are compared to hundreds of hours of Red Sox programming is.


                              Also - if I knew you were a Red Sox fan I never would have befriended you. J/K

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X