Bridgestone 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridgestone 2008

Bridgestone and the FIA announced the tyre allocation for the first half of the season and the only surprise to me is that both Monaco and Canada will be running Super Soft or Soft. It seems a bit strange that Canada would get this choice as the other one-off track in the first half of the season Melbourne will be running Soft and Medium. I do know they have had a series of track surface problems in Montreal for the last few years, but with the speeds they carry and the heavy braking at Canada I think the Super Soft or Soft may be risky....
    Ferris

Ferris, soft tires around fast corners should be OK now that little Ralfie has retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy kiwi
      Ferris, soft tires around fast corners should be OK now that little Ralfie has retired.
      Ralfie Boy woundn't know a Super Soft compound F1 tyre from a snow tyre
      Ferris

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris
        Bridgestone and the FIA announced the tyre allocation for the first half of the season and the only surprise to me is that both Monaco and Canada will be running Super Soft or Soft. It seems a bit strange that Canada would get this choice as the other one-off track in the first half of the season Melbourne will be running Soft and Medium. I do know they have had a series of track surface problems in Montreal for the last few years, but with the speeds they carry and the heavy braking at Canada I think the Super Soft or Soft may be risky....
        Maybe cooler temps in Montreal v. Australia? If the track stays relatively cool, the Super Soft's might survive.

Comment

Agree, but over the last 7 or 8 years I think they have had one wet race and all the others have had high track surface temperatures. It always seems to heat up in Montreal come race weekend. Probably have a better idea after Friday's Free Practice in Montreal if Bridgestone has the right stuff, but either way it will be interesting....
          Ferris

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X