Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Dennis fired...

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/27/r...-dennis-fired/
    No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

I read this about an hour ago on another site and 2 questions came to mind:
    1. Isn't it curious that this would come from a Spanish media source?
    2. Why didn't this (if true) come to light sooner? The season has been over for quite a while. Why do it now just a few weeks before the 2008 season starts?

Comment

I could be wrong, but I tend to think it is bogus. If it were official, and its been out in the internet ether for a few days, Autosport or AMuS would have at least said something about it. So, I personally think it is bogus.

Comment

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=280831
        No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Wow, I'm shocked!

Comment

It comes from Spain. I highly doubt this is true.

Comment

Agreed - reading the things this particular paper has said in the past, their reputation is shady at best.

I could be wrong, but based on previous evidence...........
              Ahhh. Racing...

Leaved the politics for those paid to do it!

Comment

Looks like just so much B/S...

Comment

And I am totally amazed that Italian authorities have raided the houses of 4 top McLaren executives. Given the way they operate, I would have expected the raids on the evening before the team left for Australia for the first race!

Comment

All rumours started by the FIA Factory Red Team
                    Ferris

Comment

Dennis has full support, says Whitmarsh

Uh oh... the dreaded "vote of confidence".

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule
                        Dennis has full support, says Whitmarsh

Uh oh... the dreaded "vote of confidence".
                        Exactly what I was thinking. Ever time an employer announces that, they part shortly thereafter.

The weird thing in this case is that I believe Ron is Martin's boss in the overall McLaren structure. Has anyone ever seen an underling announce that the Company supports his boss? Usually it works the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe in LA
                          Exactly what I was thinking. Ever time an employer announces that, they part shortly thereafter.

The weird thing in this case is that I believe Ron is Martin's boss in the overall McLaren structure. Has anyone ever seen an underling announce that the Company supports his boss? Usually it works the other way around.
                          Well Martin Whitmarsh is the McLaren Racing Team CEO in waiting once Ron fully gives up those duties. He has steeped aside to a certain point and if you remember the letter to the FIA asking forgiveness over StepneyGate was penned and signed by one Martin Whitmarsh, not Ron...Somtime during the later part of 2008 you could see Ron announce his intention to step aside and let Martin run the racing team...
                          Ferris

Comment

My understanding is that Whitmarsh is the current CEO on McLaren. I think Ron is team principal - but Whitmarsh has been groomed to be Ron's replacement for years. I'm sure he's hoping Ron falls on his sword and resigns...

Comment

Ron can't be fired, as he's not an employee.

He's a shareholder of the company, albeit he now has a lower stake than he once had.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X