Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hit the new formula E with the ugly stick?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who hit the new formula E with the ugly stick?

    Wow, that is not a good looking car. 62C456FF-2292-479C-8887-801082470BF9.png

  • #2
    It's still just a render so the final version will probably look somewhat different(compare the Gen 2 renders to the final) but I will say that is a....QUESTIONABLE direction, especially compared to the Gen 2 car.

    Comment


    • #3
      Render or not, it is that ugly. F9B21A6E-0556-48CC-B7C3-B80792600536.jpgThis is a photo.
      Last edited by BADGER; 05-01-2022, 10:54 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        It's horrendous. WTF are the thinking?

        Comment


        • #5
          Formula E’s Gen3 Car Is Faster, Lighter, and More Efficient (caranddriver.com)
          The new car will be much more capable, but yes, let's b***ch about the aesthetics of a rendering.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AGRiculture View Post
            Formula E’s Gen3 Car Is Faster, Lighter, and More Efficient (caranddriver.com)
            The new car will be much more capable, but yes, let's b***ch about the aesthetics of a rendering.
            Well, the way its going there might not be much of a Formula E much longer with manufacturers pulling out and venues pulling out before they hold a race. And COVID took a wrecking ball to Formula E's business plan more than any other racing series.
            Last edited by LAindycarfan80; 05-01-2022, 03:07 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LAindycarfan80 View Post

              Well, the way its going there might not be much of a Formula E much longer with manufacturers pulling out and venues pulling out before they hold a race. And COVID took a wrecking ball to Formula E's business plan more than any other racing series.
              Really? There's 7 manufacturers signed up for next year, including Jaguar, Porsche, Maserati, and Nissan.

              Comment


              • #8
                Mercedes is following BMW and Audi out the door. Their replacements don't have anywhere the financial muscle in comparison. Nissan is in financial trouble who knows how long they'll hang around.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AGRiculture View Post
                  Formula E’s Gen3 Car Is Faster, Lighter, and More Efficient (caranddriver.com)
                  The new car will be much more capable, but yes, let's b***ch about the aesthetics of a rendering.
                  My second post is a photo. Do you see renders that include humans often?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Formula E cars have always been ugly, this one is just uglier.
                    Please don't joke about taking your life, it's not funny.

                    If you need help or have bad thoughts, please seek help

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This series seemed kinda interesting the first couple years. But no. I can't.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BADGER View Post

                        My second post is a photo. Do you see renders that include humans often?
                        Whatever. My point still stands, you're complaining about aesthetics.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LAindycarfan80 View Post
                          Mercedes is following BMW and Audi out the door. Their replacements don't have anywhere the financial muscle in comparison. Nissan is in financial trouble who knows how long they'll hang around.
                          I wasn't counting Mercedes among the seven. As far as FE being "doomed", most of the racing scribes that I've read think that FE and F1 will eventually merge sometime in the late 20s into one series with EVs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Joe Remi View Post
                            This series seemed kinda interesting the first couple years. But no. I can't.
                            It's still interesting. The evolution of the cars is like IndyCar and F1 50-60 years ago.
                            The first generation topped out at 145 mph and lasted for half the race. (drivers changed cars)
                            The second generation tops out at 175 mph, and lasts the whole 45 minute race.
                            The third generation will go 200 mph. They haven't released how long the cars will go, but they will have recharging.
                            The big minus is that they race on street circuits. But the racing isn't that much different than other open wheel street racing.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by AGRiculture View Post

                              Whatever. My point still stands, you're complaining about aesthetics.
                              The improvements in speed and efficiency are admirable, I never suggested otherwise. It doesn’t mean the car had to look hideous.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X