2019-20 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019-20 season thread

First race weekend at Ad-Diriyah (Riyadh)
    It's kind of odd for an EV racing series to start their season in Saudi Arabia, but here we are for the 2nd season in a row.
    One new rule I'm not keen on is that for every minute the race is under safety car conditions, 1% of the energy is deducted from each car. I'd rather they let the drivers save energy, then go full bore at the end.
    In the races themselves, Alexander Sims of Andretti BMW won race 2 while Envision Virgin Racing's (customer Audi team) Sam Bird was victorious in race 1. Michael was there to celebrate with the team, congrats to them. The racing action was typical street racing. New manufacturers Porsche and Mercedes did well in their debuts.
    The Jaguar I-Pace support race was painfully slow with little passing. Tire screeching was about the only sounds to be heard.

Do they only have one support race at those events? That would be a lot of work setting up the course and stands for just two events.
    "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
    "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
    "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Yes. Most of the E-Prix are single day events, with qualifications, support race, and main race all on one day. This event was obviously a doubleheader.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X