Marrakesh race thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrakesh race thread

It's snowing here in Central IA, good time to watch a race with(at least some) greenery. The Marrakesh circuit is semi-permanent and produced a good race last year.

Originally posted by AGRiculture View Post
    It's snowing here in Central IA, good time to watch a race with(at least some) greenery. The Marrakesh circuit is semi-permanent and produced a good race last year.
    No understating how much better the Gen 2 car is than the Gen 1. This looks and feels like actual proper racing now. They really have a unique look in addition to, you know, being able to run an entire race.

Comment

This is quite entertaining on a snowy January day!

The Gen 2 car is quite racy - quite a bit better than the Gen 1.

Comment

The Bookworm checks it out!
        You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

I won't start a separate thread, but the Mexico City was good. The crowd was pretty large, and there was a side-by-side battle for the win. Mexico City has generally been the beat Formula E event each season. Real racing circuits instead of street courses tend to do that.

BTW, it's still snowing in Central Iowa..

Comment

Originally posted by AGRiculture View Post
            I won't start a separate thread, but the Mexico City was good. The crowd was pretty large, and there was a side-by-side battle for the win. Mexico City has generally been the beat Formula E event each season. Real racing circuits instead of street courses tend to do that.

BTW, it's still snowing in Central Iowa..
            I agree, Mexico was pretty entertaining. They had a huge crowd down there.
            Last edited by Jeff Nicol; 02-17-2019, 07:17 PM.

Comment

why did Wehrlein finish 6th when he crossed the line 2nd?

what happens to the Nissans? did their cars literally stop on track once they hit 0%?

Comment

So I totally missed the Sanya E-prix, the DVR didn't record it(some fan...). Fortunately, I was able to watch it on demand from DirecTV. Finally got the time to do so this morning. I do think that they need to ditch the fan boost, but the attack mode is intriguing. Unlike push to pass, you have to go offline and precisely hit the markers to activate it. DRS in F1 requires you to be within 1 second of the car ahead to activate it. No skill is involved to activate P2P.
                I previously had watched the Rome race(which is how I found out I had missed Sanya) after returning from vacation. Both races packed quite a bit of action in their 45 minutes.

Edit: I haven't forgot about Paris, the DVR missed the live broadcast again. The replay is on at 4 PM CDT. I've DVR'd it, will watch after Talladega is over.
                Last edited by AGRiculture; 04-28-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Contrary to a post in the IndyCar forum, the Paris e-Prix was an entertaining race, and a bit of a crash fest. Rain can do that.

Comment

Them boys was rubbin' and racin' fer sure!
                    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Monaco, with all the glamor and prestige, lots of action, what's not to like? Well, other than missing St Devote, the hairpin, and tunnel...

Comment

Bern race report. Almost impossibly tight and narrow course. The race had an early pileup, a typical street race thereafter.

Comment

Working...
                        X