One for ya, Eag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for ya, Eag.

Found a small bundle of old color and black and white snap shots. Thought you might enjoy this one of your boy in 1967, right before he burned a piston.
    ...a puerile junior-high zit-laden bloviating bozo loser blogger using third-rate scatological pseudo-humor talking loud and saying nothing.

Here's something you won't see anymore. Arnie Knepper in his RE Huffaker, followed by Ziggy in his Watson dirt car, followed by Norm "Crash 'em Up" Hall in his Watson Indy roadster at the IRP road course, July 25, 1965.

I can't make out who it is in the dirt car bringing up the rear.
    ...a puerile junior-high zit-laden bloviating bozo loser blogger using third-rate scatological pseudo-humor talking loud and saying nothing.

Comment

Here's a shot of Herk in his DuPont Golden 7, Ford powered Halibrand at the July 1965 IRP race.

Comment

Rodger Ward, in his Ford powered Lola, and Jud Larson, in his Offy powered Meskowski dirt car, duke it out on the twisty bits at IRP, July 1965.
        Last edited by Walter Zoomie; 11-22-2005, 06:42 PM.

Comment

clapping madly!

Encore!

More, MORE!!!

Thanks again, Zoomie!
          ...---...

Comment

Foyt's Sheraton Thompson Lotus/Ford leads Mario's Dean Van Lines Hawk/Ford at IRP, July, 1965.

Comment

Still 1965 at IRP, but this time we're on the oval. Here we have Rufus (?) in the car with Roger McCluskey alongside, sipping on the Champagne of Beers. (Shades of RailBird.)

The good old days...

Comment

[QUOTE=Walter ZoomieStill 1965 at IRP, but this time we're on the oval. Here we have Rufus (?) in the car with Roger McCluskey alongside, sipping on the [I]Champagne of Beers[/I]. (Shades of RailBird.)
                QUOTE]

Actually, that looks like it might be Wally Meskowski sitting in the car; and he was both the builder and car owner. And the guy sitting on the nerf bar looks a lot like "Gypsy" Mitch who was a long time crew member for Foyt for many years.

Comment

Back at the big track, 1967...
                  Here we have Larry Dickson in his VitaFresh "Orange Juicer" Lotus/Ford.

Comment

Sheading tears now...

The young bucks around here should take notice and bow down.

I thank my Dad everyday for giving me this passion!
                    Dam...this is great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    ...---...

Comment

Back to the first pic ,was this the race that Norm lost his foot in? I think He lost it if He didnt He was lucky. Some where there is a picture of his crash with the hole in the Bellypan showing.
                      aXe
                      Born Again Race Fan seen at
                      www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Chiszar
                        Sheading tears now...

The young bucks around here should take notice and bow down.

I thank my Dad everyday for giving me this passion!
                        Dam...this is great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff I sure used to feel the same way you just said .Then one day I thought this is their days,These are the greatest things going on at their time. Do you remember when you looked upon those old rail jobs and thought how the heck could these have ever been good race cars?
                        Well Lets just smirk down inside a little and keep on believing in what We saw.
                        Boy these young whippersnappers will never know what they have missed!
                        aXe
                        Born Again Race Fan seen at
                        www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

aXe...I sure feel the same way my friend. Call it living in the past, he//, anyone can call it anything they want.
                          I saw the good old days. They sure were better then they are now. I heard Tom say the words. Most here did too.

Too bad. The newbies don't have a freakin' clue. AND THEY SHOULD!!!

And that's too bad.

But we have folks like the Zoomie to keep the memoires fresh, the The Lord!

Can I hear an Amen?
                          ...---...

Comment

Ahh..'Zoomie, ma-man..just what I needed to see, following a brutal day at work! Thanks, bro'.

I'm pretty sure I've read that Dan considered that one his favorite of Indianapolis Eagles.

Really enjoy the IRPs, too.

eag

ps: AMEN!, Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by aXe
                              Back to the first pic ,was this the race that Norm lost his foot in? I think He lost it if He didnt He was lucky. Some where there is a picture of his crash with the hole in the Bellypan showing.
                              aXe
                              Probably...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X