Ok.., Only two threads, try this.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok.., Only two threads, try this.....

I have been an afficanado of all types of racing for at least 50 years... I have been to many American race courses. I remember Turn One at Indy, Eau Rouge at Spa (F1 for youse guys at CC),... Puke Holler at Langhorn.... Quiddler Bacher Hoe at the OLD Nurnberg Ring... Die Flug Platz... (again F1)... All corners that are remarkable......
    What corners do you remember?
    F1, USAC,... Big Car, ... all are useable...
    surprise me....
    ZOOOM
    "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
    James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Originally posted by Zooom
    I have been an afficanado of all types of racing for at least 50 years... I have been to many American race courses. I remember Turn One at Indy, Eau Rouge at Spa (F1 for youse guys at CC),... Puke Holler at Langhorn.... Quiddler Bacher Hoe at the OLD Nurnberg Ring... Die Flug Platz... (again F1)... All corners that are remarkable......
    What corners do you remember?
    F1, USAC,... Big Car, ... all are useable...
    surprise me....
    ZOOOM
    The Kink at Le Mans back when you had the unfettered, unchicaned Mulsanne Straight-and then the sharper righthand Mulsanne Corner after that. Heck, the old Circuit de la Sarthe in general.
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Turn 2 at Mosport
      Namerow at Mont-Tremblant

Comment

It's not a great turn, but I like it. The north turn, which would be corners 3 and 4, at the Milwaukee Mile. I go back to 1955 in seeing Indy Cars race there. To see a roadster, and yes, some dirt cars, going thru that turn, and the front left tire coming up off the track. Some cars, you would not even see that happen. But, others, they would come up off the track about a foot. It was beautiful!!!

Comment

L'Eau Rouge as well.
          Also l'Esses at Le Mans when seen from the outside of the track.
          Daytona `Straight` end....
          Tarzan's Corner at Zandvoort was another hair riser

Indyot

Comment

Burnenville on the old Spa circuit made Eau Rouge look like a taffy pull. Turn 1 at Bridgehampton had a huge pucker factor as well.
            Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

The Big Left Turn - Langhorne. Especially when it was dirt.

Once paved some of the charm was gone - but still a great track.

Comment

Black Dirt

#1 & 2 at Knoxville, In the old days high up against the fence was a cushen. You could set your car sliding just past the flag stand hit that cushen and runner hard down the back strech. Before those big wings and tires that is. The track was still tacky after the feat.

Comment

As intimidating as IMS Turn 1 was when I saw it for the first time and cars flying by, standing in the dip of L'Eau Rouge and see the cars falling down from one hill and then see that steep, curved climb into the sky, (like facing a wall) that was the most intimidating piece of track I ever saw.
                  Seeing F1 or sportscars and/or GT1 cars rushing through that piece will make every `Oval Fan Only` realize that there might be more to appreciate than `tuning left only` racing after all.
                  That's why I mentioned it.

Indyot

Comment

I'm not sure why, but I always liked the "new" Turn 9 at Riverside. It looked like an oval turn (but clockwise), and was a great last turn before the finish line.
                    Doctorindy.com

Comment

Turn one at Indy is cool but turns 2, 3 and 4 ain't bad either... as I have plenty of memories of them.

other tracks I've been too? well there's the turns in front of the pits as Riverside... I recall a very vicious shunt with Doc Bundy in the corvette, Vern in the Jag and Lynn St. James crawling out of the flames that had engulfed her Ford Probe GTP. And I really enjoyed the first turn at St. Pete... which reminds me that I need to check the website so I can find out when tickets go on sale... don't want to snooze and miss out on grandstand 8.

The hairpin at Monoco has always been a favorite of mine... oh wait you said the tracks we've been too... do dreams count?

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                      I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

The Ostkurve at Hockenheim (before the chicane.)

Turn 6 or 9 at Riverside.

Turn 2 at Phoenix.
                        You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

OK! now we're gett'in somewhere....

How about Dingle Dell,
                          Hoe Acht,
                          Doan's Hairpin,
                          Where are they?
                          ZOOOM
                          "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
                          James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

The right hand turn at Trenton.
                            I know what Indy means!

Comment

The kink at Road America isnt a hard corner but to go thru there flat out...it separates the men from the boys...

(*= as an SCGT player with a bunch of track downloads...lol)

*Pick almost any corner at the Nordschleife, most you cant see till your there..with special interest, the Brunnchen, Caroussel and Kallenhardt.

*Druids at Brands Hatch is an interesting corner as you head up hill, then make a 180 degree right and then plunge back down the hill

How can any corner thread be complete without mentioning the most famous corners of all....the banking at Monza. I'd love to get there and see it first hand...ahhh dreams

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X