Movie, Worlds fastest Indian, USA release schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie, Worlds fastest Indian, USA release schedule

The true story of Burt Munro - a New Zealand man who spent decades perfecting his classic 1920 Indian motorcycle. At age 68, he risked everything, including his own life, taking the bike to the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah to break the world speed record.

Genres: Action/Adventure and Drama
    Running Time: 2 hrs. 07 min.
    Release Date: December 9th, 2005 (LA); January 27th, 2005 (expands)
    MPAA Rating: PG-13 for brief language, drug use and a sexual reference.
    Distributor: Magnolia Films
    Born Again Race Fan seen at
    www.openwheelracers3.com

Saw this movie last night. WOW! I loved it, and it is not just for gearheads. My wife loved it!

Comment

Saw it today. You walk out of that one feeling good. Just great, I recommend it to anyone.

Man. Quite a story about a remarkable guy.

Comment

In checking through the SCTA Record book for the Bonneville Salt flats a
        B. Munro comes up with a record set on 8/67 of 183.586 mph in the S-F Class
        That is a Bike with a 1,000 CC engine. In this particuler case an Indian.
        Den
        www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

I actually saw this a few weeks ago. It was a very well done and heartwarming movie. Even my mostly cynical self found it very well done, and I think Hopkins plays the role perfectly. I had absolutely no problem buying into the reality of this guy. Maybe that is due to the fact I've seen many old timers like him at various race tracks. A very very good movie indeed. My $.02
          Still looking for Carmen San Diego....

Comment

Originally posted by aXe
            In checking through the SCTA Record book for the Bonneville Salt flats a
            B. Munro comes up with a record set on 8/67 of 183.586 mph in the S-F Class
            That is a Bike with a 1,000 CC engine. In this particuler case an Indian.
            Den
            Yes. The trailers at the end said the the '67 record still stands today. Apparently he went faster at times... but didn't get an official time (on one occasion a rod broke and, according to this website

http://www.indianmotorbikes.com/feat...unro/munro.htm

he "got the wobbles" and was going 200-plus when he decided to lay it down on the salt.

Comment

Originally posted by tombeaux
              Yes. The trailers at the end said the the '67 record still stands today. Apparently he went faster at times... but didn't get an official time (on one occasion a rod broke and, according to this website

http://www.indianmotorbikes.com/feat...unro/munro.htm

he "got the wobbles" and was going 200-plus when he decided to lay it down on the salt.
              funny by todays rules He would own a 200+mph run. Back then they had to back up the run with a pass in the opposite direction within a certain short time frame not that far apart?. Todays rules lets you come back later same day to back it up I think?
              Den
              www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X