Thunder Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder Road

The movie, that is, just came on. 6:15 Eastern on Turner Classic Movies. Not strictly a racin' movie, but close enough.

"Let me tell the story,
    I can tell it all.
    About the mountain boy
    who ran illegal alcohol."

I have an MP3 I downloaded of Robert Mitchum singing the title song.

roach

Comment

John, it just ended. First movie I've sat through in years all the way to the end, that is. I'd recalled bits and pieces from my childhood and other odd times I'd seen parts of it. It wasn't a racing movie, but with a few tweaks it could have been.

The acting wasn't that great, and the plot was a bit better. But it at least gave people a dim view of that particular American sub-culture, through Hollywood's eyes anyway.

Maybe it should be required viewing for the NASCAR executives?

Comment

Wasn't Keely Smith a beautiful woman. I rememeber at the Milwaukee Mile, when the Indy cars raced, they would announce that she was in the infield to watch the races. I guess she was a fan, because that happened more than once.

Comment

Cool movie! I remember seeing it in theaters when I was a kid. My mother and aunt were big Robert Mitchum fans. They probably drug me to the theater, but I got interested in it after I found out what the deal was. Thanks for the memories Lucas Doolin...

Comment

Keely Smith

I remember seeing Keely Smith at Phoenix in 1970. She was chasin' after Foyt at the time !
            I agree, she was one sweet babe, loved her singing too. I've still got some albums of Louis Prima & her, still play 'em too.
            She's alive & well and still singing. Released a Cd this year too.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa
              Wasn't Keely Smith a beautiful woman.
              Yes.

I just got a CD last week of her & Louis live in Vegas. I've heard a few of the live cuts before, but supposedly this is a new CD with the entire Vegas show.

Sadly, I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Maybe I should bring it to work tomorrow.
              Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X