Famous Racing Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous Racing Quotes

We already have a thread about AJ and his quotes. How about a thread about the funny or unordinary things other drivers said.
    I recall reading somewhere that Tony Adamowicz once said: 'When the green flag drops, the BS stops'.
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone is life" Sid Collins

"Too late mate, I've drunk the milk" Graham Hill to Jim Clark(?) when the latter suggested that there just might have been a lap counting error at Indianapolis in 1966
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Comment

Some of my favorites came from Buddy Baker:

"That car was handlin' down the straightaways..."

"8 wheels corner better than 4."

"That was a wreck; it just didn't happen."

Comment

the late Neil Bonnett: "Push is where you see the wreck comin'".
        A good race driver, given adequate seat time, can drive any well prepared racecar on any track surface or configuration at competitive speeds. Remember, I said a GOOD race driver!!!

Comment

Curtis Turner afer his big crash at Atlanta, "It didn't handle very good when it was upside down."

There are only three things in life worthwhile, a cocktail before and a nap afterword.
          Dick Ralstin www.dickralstin.com

Satisfaction guaranteed or your Monkee returned

Comment

The BEST Curtis turner line was after a wreck at Atlanta when he said the reason was...

Well, I got a little behind on my stear'in...
            ZOOOM
            "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
            James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

Jim Crawford when being asked about the ground clearance he used in 1990.

"Normally about one inch but I've tried 6 feet in turn 1 as well"

Indyot

Comment

Car owner Paul Leffler yelling to driver Sammy Sessions, while Sammy was in the middle of flipping Paul's USAC sprint car, high above the turn 2 wall at Eldora............."You're fired!!"

Team owner, Sherman Armstrong, to USAC official after being informed by the official that Sherman was being find 100 dollars for drinking a beer in the pits, during an event.........."Okay, here's your hundred and here's five hundred more... I'm gonna finish my six-pack."

http://indyroadsters.webs.com/
                http://macmillersgarage.webs.com/
                http://www.youtube.com/user/macmiller46241

I love any race car whose last name is "Special"

Comment

I remember a CanAm race at Mid-Ohio in 1972 it atarted to rain in the middle of the race. Charlie Kemp begged for some rain tires but his car owner said the rain wouldn't last. Kemp continued to lobby for rain tires. Finally the car owner put a jack a lug wrench and four rain tires near the pit wall and told Kemp if he wants the rain tire come in the pit...and change the tires himself.

Comment

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear......

Comment

John Force when asked about turning the wheel:

"I've been on fire and turned left at 300 mph."

Comment

One of the good ole boys at a Nashville ASA show many years ago explained his crash on the PA system with, "I lost my guide and walled 'er."
                        Wayne
                        We must put an end to superfulous redundancy.

Comment

In 1965, after spinning into the inside wall coming out of four, Jud Larson got out and gave a tremendous kick to the right rear tire.

I asked Jud why he kicked the old roadster, Jud replied, "I said there you rotten *** ** ***** you'll never scare me again."

There are only three things in life worthwhile, a cocktail before and a nap afterwords.
                          Dick Ralstin www.dickralstin.com

Satisfaction guaranteed or your Monkee returned

Comment

I liked one, attributed to Kenny Schrader, at a race early this season. He said his spotter came on and said "spin in turn two, so I did." Love it.

Also, a Sneva quote after someone ran over the right rear tire leaving the pits..."that's why the right rear tire changer needs to keep his cheeks tucked in."

Comment

I recall hearing a quote by Colin Chapman years ago...

" You can make a small fortune in racing... but it takes a large one to start..."
                              or sumpth'in like that...
                              ZOOOM
                              "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
                              James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X