Film of Sid Collins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film of Sid Collins?

In the 25 years that Sid Collins was the voice, is anyone aware of any time film was shot of him calling a race? I realize the old radio booth was rather small so it's not likely there was room for a film crew, but it would be amazing to see footage of him and his team in action.
    "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

None that I know of, unless there is some on the RARE Sportsfilms collection, or some of the year by year videos produced for the track, like the Race for Heroes programs on ESPN.
    "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

The only on-camera film I know of Sid is his intros and outros for GSIR, which aired yearly.

He did a lot of voice work but as far as on camera the only stuff I have seen or have in my collection is the GSIR stuff.

Comment

I may be wrong, but there doesn’t seem to even be many photos of Sid in the booth, etc.
        Doctorindy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorindy View Post
          I may be wrong, but there doesn’t seem to even be many photos of Sid in the booth, etc.
          I think you are correct, I can remember a standing pose at the mike in the old pagoda, and I thought I saw one of him at the mike, feet in a bucket of water, in the old pagoda, probably the 53 race. Coat was off, shirt sleeves rolled up.
          "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

Found this one . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaCpi7P1rTs
            www.ragingphotos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roadrage View Post
              Wonder if he came to Dayton
              "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

This one is still my favorite.

https://twitter.com/Thomsen419/statu...91867490807808

Comment

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford View Post
                  What year was that?
                  "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Comment

Sadly the only video I can find is from 64, it had the entire grid and the first two laps...Enough said.

Would like to know where it was from?

Comment

Originally posted by JSJLW View Post
                        Sadly the only video I can find is from 64, it had the entire grid and the first two laps...Enough said.

Would like to know where it was from?
                        That’s a “home brew”. Someone took the radio broadcast and edited to various films. It’s not a period piece.

Comment

Yeah, Sachs was a popular driver and was pretty good, McDonald could possibly be compared to men like Dan Gurney, he ran some NASCAR and had some good runs. He might have been a star if it wasn't for that, then again so was Swede Savage, he was running 2nd or 3rd at the time I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Belanger99 View Post

I think you are correct, I can remember a standing pose at the mike in the old pagoda, and I thought I saw one of him at the mike, feet in a bucket of water, in the old pagoda, probably the 53 race. Coat was off, shirt sleeves rolled up.
                            Same shot of him that fills one wall of the entrance foyer at Charlie Browns?
                            Live like Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X