Speedway Audio-Any more soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedway Audio-Any more soon?

It's been a couple months I think since Speedway audio released the 49 Indy 500 radio broadcast as the second in their release of all radio broadcasts. I hope they're still planning on that, since I'd love to see some more releases!

thanks!!

thanks for the heads up!! i didn't even know anyone was doing this. can't wait to get my first one.
    Past photos of the Indianapolis 500
    http://photos.winterinkphotography.com/p861540650

Comment

Yeah, they've done 49 and 55 so far (plus the "Fantasy 500" of a couple years ago), but nothing since. The goal is for all Indy 500 radiocasts and all IRL radio broadcasts from 96 on to be available eventually but the pace things are going at is going to make it a long time before that becomes a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Paddon
        It's been a couple months I think since Speedway audio released the 49 Indy 500 radio broadcast as the second in their release of all radio broadcasts. I hope they're still planning on that, since I'd love to see some more releases!
        Wouldn't the 1949 radio coverage be pretty limited? Didn't they only give 1/2 hour updates in those days? Has anyone heard the 1949 Mutual broadcast?

Comment

I had checked the Mail Room a few times & they did not have the '55 race. Are they only available thru the website?
          #BCForever

Comment

The 55 race has been available on the website since the end of June.

The 49 race, which was also replayed this year on WIBC runs about 80 minutes or so since the start and finish were done live with two or three updates in between.

Comment

More coming

With the racing season over I've about caught up on everything to the point I can really start putting out more races. Thanks to your word of mouth, the web site has kept me busy filling web orders so I hope to begin printing enough 1955 and 1949 500's to put in ETC and The Mail room.
              Look for 1969 to come out soon with a bunch of quals coverage. Thanks for hanging in there.
              Dave
              My web sites

www.speedwaydaily.com

http://www.davethekingwilson.com

@ohmanitstheking

"Stand on the gas and turn left"
              Jimmy Bryan 1955

"Nice hustle Wilson, can you be any slower?"
              Wally Leavitt-IMS Radio Network 2008

Comment

Thanks for the update, Dave! Glad to know the site's doing well.

Comment

i havent bought any yet but if 1969 comes out i will buy it..

1961, 1964, 1967, 1969, 1982, 1985 i would buy in a second

Comment

My dad sent me a cassette recording of Mark Donohues' win in '72 while I was off flying the friendly skies of Laos. That was a treat!

I was lucky enough to miss Big Al's two wins also.

Comment

My interest is in the 1955 race, and the 1956. 1955, was the first race my brother attended. 1956, was the first year that I attended.

Comment

Just ordered my Fantasy 500 CD. Should make the long drive from Central FL to Indy in May a little more bearable. Even the drive in to work each morning.

Comment

got mine yesterday

i ordered the 1955 and fantasy 500 and they arrived yesterday. i'm listening to the fantasy 500 right now and i HIGHLY recommend it.

dave wilson - you did an outstanding job!!! thanks!!

Comment

Could someone repost the website. I had it once, but have misplaced it.

Thanks!
                            Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

http://www.speedwayaudio.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X