Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to find old Indy ticket stubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to find old Indy ticket stubs?

This will be my 40th consecutive Indy 500 and I'd like to finally do something with my ticket stubs. I'm thinking about having them matted and framed. To my annoyance, I can't find my stubs from 2014 or 2018. Grrr. Is eBay the best source? I wanted to get down in time for the memorabilia show, but it's not going to happen this year. Thanks!

EDIT: I just found 2018, so just looking to source 2014.
    Real drivers don't need fenders!

The Memorabilia Show typically has multiple vendors with old stubs. But, generally speaking, I noticed at last year's show, there weren't that many with stubs from the last 5-10 years (it's mostly 10+ years and older).

eBay is good. However, make sure you ask the seller if the ticket in the photo is the actual ticket you receive. I've come across some that are selling a stack of tickets from a particular year...and they show a picture of one from Grandstand such-and-such. But you might end up getting a ticket from a totally different grandstand (usually the auction says so).
    his can be a problem if you are hunting a ticket from a specific grandstand. But usually all you have to do is ask, and even make the request.
    Doctorindy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Doctorindy View Post
      The Memorabilia Show typically has multiple vendors with old stubs. But, generally speaking, I noticed at last year's show, there weren't that many with stubs from the last 5-10 years (it's mostly 10+ years and older).

eBay is good. However, make sure you ask the seller if the ticket in the photo is the actual ticket you receive. I've come across some that are selling a stack of tickets from a particular year...and they show a picture of one from Grandstand such-and-such. But you might end up getting a ticket from a totally different grandstand (usually the auction says so).
      his can be a problem if you are hunting a ticket from a specific grandstand. But usually all you have to do is ask, and even make the request.
      Thanks for the info. I'm usually careful about putting my stubs in a safe place, but just can't find 2014.

Comment

Agree with Doc, the Memorabilia show is about the best.
        "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican Joe View Post
          This will be my 40th consecutive Indy 500 and I'd like to finally do something with my ticket stubs. I'm thinking about having them matted and framed. To my annoyance, I can't find my stubs from 2014 or 2018. Grrr. Is eBay the best source? I wanted to get down in time for the memorabilia show, but it's not going to happen this year. Thanks!

EDIT: I just found 2018, so just looking to source 2014.
          Hey, a thought, try some of the antique malls in and around Indy-you might find some things in them, I've gotten a few programs and yearbooks that way.
          "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

I was able to source a 2014 off of eBay for $15, which felt like a deal compared to what many 2014 stubs were going for.

Speaking of the memorabilia show, I miss going. It was a mainstay of our Saturday schedule for years, but race weekend plans changed in 2021 - and for the time being we're not going to be in town until Sunday morning.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X