No announcement yet.

(Whisper) CART Technical Inspection number stickers during the 80's and 90's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Whisper) CART Technical Inspection number stickers during the 80's and 90's

I know.
    Many over here do rate the Indy 500 as the one thing that stands above everything else and everything else being of less importance.
    But maybe I run into more people like me who rate Indycar as more that Indy alone and appreciate the supportive series Indy was part of too.
    Even if I use, what for some is swearing, the word CART.

Over time I have found out that a number of Indycars that raced at the Indy 500 were also used in the CART Series and had gone through the Technical inspection of a CART event were fitted with a decal that was Jellowish background, in red the word CART and in black a number. But of all decals I have seen on pictures, I never saw the same number used on different cars, thus suggesting that this decal was an ID for individiual cars.

I wonder, has there ever been a list available, maybe appearing at the internet, of these different CART registration numbers and to which cars the numbers belonged? Or at least come kind of a compilation of known numbers and identities?
    I have been looking for such info already but I might have used the wrong terms for Google to work with????

Anyoen who knows a bit more on this subject?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X