Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube video finds

Stumbled across this one today, 1978 USAC Midgets at Reading:

Question, is Shuman running an updated Kurtis Kraft in '78? Or is this just Kurtis style bodywork hung on a contemporary chassis?
    https://youtu.be/9mt27ZqtjcM?t=1819

Some good stuff wandering down this rabbit hole. Share your finds.
    "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

That is a Higman chassis that had KK style body. Often referred to as Higgie's Piggys.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim 65 View Post
      That is a Higman chassis that had KK style body. Often referred to as Higgie's Piggys.
      Thanks, that's a little before my time. I've heard of Higgie's Piggys, but never seen one.
      "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Miraculous Mel vs Rapid Rich vs Johnny Parsons. Before my time but I love watching this

Comment

Cool little music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cO8CI50C-s

Comment

This is very. very cool. 78 was my first year of following USAC so this is like a homecoming of sorts. Thanks!
            You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

The glory years for Sescos and VWs!...

Comment

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                ~~Groucho Marx
                I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

1987 Super Mods at Syracuse:

Comment

Originally posted by happyscrappy-t View Post
                    1987 Super Mods at Syracuse:
                    Man those things could flat out move, beasts.
                    "For in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's future, and we are all mortal".

John Kennedy at American University 1963

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"

A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by happyscrappy-t View Post
                      Stumbled across this one today, 1978 USAC Midgets at Reading:

Question, is Shuman running an updated Kurtis Kraft in '78? Or is this just Kurtis style bodywork hung on a contemporary chassis?
                      https://youtu.be/9mt27ZqtjcM?t=1819

Some good stuff wandering down this rabbit hole. Share your finds.
                      Weird hearing the "Wimbledon" theme for a dirt-track race.

Comment

Never knew they did these indoor races in the 80's in CA:

Not exactly good racing...

Comment

History Mystery Man has some decent interviews. Jack Hewitt, Karl Kinser, Ken Schrader, Dave Darland.
                          ...---...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X